CHAPTER 5: I WILL MAKE HER PAY

AMELIA P.O.V
"I'm not going back to that office," I said, my voice shaking. I took another swig of beer, trying to calm my nerves.

"But why?" Sophia asked, her brow furrowed with concern.

"Did you just ask me why? Sophia, I told you that Denzel is the boss of that company! I can't work for him. It would be too painful."

"So..." she said, trailing off. She seemed to be at a loss for words.

"So, he's not going to give me the job now, after what I did to him, I can't believe this is happening."

"But that was in the past,You can't keep punishing yourself for something that happened so long ago."

I shook my head. "You don't understand. If you had seen the look on his face when he saw me, you would understand. He looks at me with such hatred. I can't work with him"

"What if he does employ you?" she asked, her voice full of hope.

"Don't be stupid, Sophia, He would never give me the job. I know that."

"You think so?"

"I know so," I said, my voice resolute. I knew there was no way he would ever give me the job. Not after what had happened between us.

Just then, my phone buzzed with a new message. I picked it up and read the words on the screen.

📩"Miss Amelia Earhart, you have been given a job as the secretary for the High End Living company."

I couldn't believe my eyes. I must have read it wrong. I looked at the message again, but the words were still the same. My mind was racing, and I felt like I was going to faint. This couldn't be real.

"Are you okay?" Sophia asked, I didn't answer her.

DENZEL P.O.V
"Why would you give her the job?" Harrison asked

"Because I feel like it," I said

"I know you, and there must be a reason for it, There's no way you would do this just because you feel like it. After what that girl did to you "

I glared at him. "That's none of your business,"

"Come on, tell me," he pleaded.

"Yes, there's a reason I gave that woman the job. Seeing her again just brought up all the bad memories I had of her. I feel like I could strangle her,"

"She deserves it, You should just get a gun and shoot her straight in the head."he said

"I wouldn't do that,But I do want to make her life miserable. She hurt me, and I'm going to make her pay for it."

Harrison's expression changed from amused to concerned. "You're not serious, are you?You can't take revenge on someone just because they hurt you."

"But you just told me to get a gun and shoot her,"

"I was just kidding," he said, holding up his hands in a gesture of surrender. "I didn't mean it."

"I don't care, I've made up my mind to make her life a living hell. I don't care what you think."

My anger was starting to get out of control. I could feel my blood boiling, my heart racing. I wanted to lash out, to say things I would regret. But I knew I had to keep it together. I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down.

"I know you're angry, But I don't think this is the right way to handle things" Harrison said

"Don't tell me that, Harrison, You don't know what she did to me. After four years of being together, she broke up with me a week before our wedding. I begged her not to leave, but she didn't listen. I was a wreck for a whole year. I don't think you understand how much this has affected me."

My emotions were spilling out, and I couldn't hold them back. I was sobbing, tears streaming down my face. I felt like a child, a mess of anger and sadness.

"I'm sorry, Denzel I know that you are still hurting but take it easy" Harrison said

I wiped my tears away and took a deep breath, trying to compose myself. "I will make her regret ever crossing my path again," I said, my voice shaking with rage. Without realizing it, I had clenched my fist around the glass in my hand, and it shattered in my grip. Shards of glass fell to the floor........