The world's but a stage...

~Furina's POV...

Hah, now this was truly the best night of my life!
No other moment of my centuries-old existence has ever brought me such joyous feelings before...
I danced a romantic dance with the love of my life, had my first-ever kiss with her, and scored a date with her too!
My heart was racing like never before as I looked towards the still lively party...

Meh,

It's boring without her.
And besides, any more alcohol and I'd probably end up passed out in a whole other nation...

Is it weird that I wouldn't be too surprised if that happened?
I bet Clorinde has made a bet with someone on me eventually doing that...
Well, that day won't be today!.. I mean, tonight!

I sped through the crowd, dodging all the jealousy-inducingly taller guests enjoying the party while dancing to their mortal hearts' content with swift skill...
...I envy them, their freedoms and activities.

But all of that crap is beside the point. Tomorrow would be my first -unofficial- date with someone! And... Hehe, maybe even a second kiss...
Sober me is gonna be so confused when she wakes up tomorrow... I pray she won't hate me, hehe.

I do hope it goes well though, because it would be nice to be close to someone...
It sounds so childish! But... I'd like that...

I can't believe all this time that love could be so.. pleasant..?
In all my plays and performances, love was just a silly idea to bring forward a new plot.. But now?

I think I've fallen prey to it.

"God, I feel so human..."
I walked out onto the moonlit grounds of the court, staring up at the night sky...

"I've been struck by the mortals' so-called 'love'...
Is life truly more than just trials, tribulations; push-and-shove?"

I ask the night, summoning my sword in my hand as I point it up to the sky...

"Why keep following the script that's just holding me back?
It's not like they'll give a damn if I return the attack!
When I could simply reject, because I really deteste, the damned 'rules' I have to play by just 'cuz I'm a damned God!"

I screamed towards the sky. A smirk crept upon my lips, the alcohol still giving me all the fuel I needed for my confidence.
I waved my blade about, not caring if anyone was watching or listening in to me as I challenged the night sky above.

"Would the heavens think me a sinner, if I dare go out for dinner,
With a mortal: The love of my boring life??"

I grinned...
Just thinking of Ms... Uhm... Uh... Some sort of espresso, was it? Well, just thinking of her made my heart flutter. I don't even care if people think I'm crazy...

"Who's there to judge me? I'm the... The one and only Focalors, God of Justice and beloved star of Fontaine! You can't judge judgement itself, anyways!.."

After that silly moment, I went around the back of the Palais. There was a hidden back door which would grant quick access to the second floor, meaning I could dodge all the people rather easily.
Once I got in, I made my way up the stairs, holding on to the railing since my head was still a little drinky from the alcohol. I may be a little foolish, but I'm smart enough to try not to risk any injuries...

Once I had made my way up, I started to giggle from the excitement welling up inside.
A date... A real date... A time to spend time with her, and learn about her... Care for her... Love her...
And this stuff is normal for humans to do often? Spending time close with one another...
Goodness, I'm so jealous!
...When will I be able to be... Normal?..
I put those thoughts aside, it's best to focus on the now and positive things anyway.

"Well, tomorrow's my chance! And I'm so excited..."
I leapt up the remaining stairs, twirling into the middle of the room as I looked up, arms wide and open as I shouted,

"Tomorrow, I'm going on a date with Cappuccino!!-"

Then, a door slammed open,

"Furina, keep it down!"
That damned Neuvillette interjected.

...Of course, he's here...
I rolled my eyes

"...Tomorrow, I'm going on a date with Cappuccino..."

I whispered to myself, as I started to wander back to my room, ready to snooze after such a perfect evening... Although, before I closed the door...

I looked back at Neuvillette, sticking my tongue out and doing a light rude gesture with my other hand.

"...Water-Snorter.."