CHAPTER 17 - RELIC RUN

What's she up to? Bryan's mind wandered to figure out why the woman before him was so confident, even while overpowered. A bunch of security guards rushed over and had their guns pointed towards her at point blank. The crowd gathered around a few yards away from them, trying to keep up with the drama unfolding before them.

One of the guards came forward, took out a handcuff from his pocket, and pointed the gun at her face. "Baja tu arma y ríndete!" Lower down your weapon and surrender!

Elena felt like a trapped mouse amidst a circle of lions, yet her eyes took in something she could use at the moment. She walked coyly towards the guard and prepared to lower her knife, but stopped midway. She smirked and faced the guard. "Me gusta la manera dificil." I like it the tough way.

Before anyone could react, she kicked the guard in the torso, grabbed his gun, and shot straight at a wire that hung through the ceiling. The guards around her started shooting straight at her, but her flexible body managed to ricochet right through the bullets. She clung to the wire and swung straight to the building's ceiling.

Bryan's senses took a moment to take in his surroundings. She's headed to the ceiling! He grabbed a gun and aimed straight at her leg, which was visible through the narrow opening of the high ceiling. He knew that such a far shot wouldn't stop her, but he expected her to stumble off the railing and fall down.

The bullet dashed right through the railing, which made her slip. Fuck! No! She tumbled away from the railing, and just as she thought she was about to fall straight to her end, her right hand caught the railing. She clung onto the railing and swung back. She smirked at the boy below her and gave him a small wink.

What the fuck?! Bryan dashed towards the wire, which she used, but Elena was quick enough to cut it into two. "Nice try, kid!" She plunged the knife straight into the glass dome that enclosed the museum and gave it a small thrust. A small portion of the glass shattered, and fresh air from outside made its way through the museum. She bent down and made her way to the outside.

"Is there a fricking way to get up there?" The guards were perplexed at the young man shouting before them and shook their heads. Bryan's mind wandered, and his nerves were tingling, but he shook away his thoughts and let his instincts carry him around. He dashed right through the screaming crowd and prepared to find an exit, but stopped short.

His eyes took in a large statue that towered straight to the ceiling of the museum. He ran straight to the statue and climbed across it. His hands were quick enough to grab the clay structure of the statue, and his legs made sure not to slip. Halfway, he could hear the muffles underneath him made by the amused crowd.

A girl around eleven took her mobile phone and was shooting the marvelous sight before her. She tucked in her mother's skirt and gave her a curious look. "Mamá, este es Spiderman? la persona de la que la abuela siempre habla?" Mom, is this Spiderman? The person Grandma always talks about?

Bryan managed to stand at the tip of the large hand of the statue. A single swing would land him straight towards the railing, but a single slip would land him straight towards his death. I can do this! He took a deep breath and swung straight towards the railing. He could hear the muffled applause from beneath him, but his mind urged him to move on, as time was too short to enjoy the fame.

He dashed straight towards the shattered hole and found himself on a narrow brink on the rooftop of the museum. His eyes caught the sight of the woman, who was about to jump to the rooftop of a nearby building. "Elena!"

Elena turned around and was shocked to see him from afar. How the hell did he manage to get up here? She jumped straight across to the rooftop of a nearby building and was looking for a place to get out of his sight. I need to escape! I'm dead if I get caught!