6- 'I dont want nor need one'

Olivia's pov.

School ended but there's still an announcement to be held in the gym.
I just left and went to the woods next to the school.
It's just gonna be the introduction of the new substitute teacher. It's not even necessary. It's just because he's an Escobar.

I sat down under the acacia tree. I took my time watching the leaves of different kinds of trees, the light peeking on it as the leaves dance because of the wind. I love the sound of its whispers and the gushing water of a nearby brook....

"What's a student doing here?"

I snapped up. Facing the teacher who should be on stage in the gym.

"You're suppose to be in the gym" he said

"That's kinda my line sir"

I said

He chuckled and sat down

"It's both our lines, sit down kid"

I sat down under the other tree, not that far, a meter and a half far.

"Today's your birthday right?" He suddenly asked

I looked at him with a perplexed face

"How'd you know?"

"I checked each of my students forms so that there won't be the need of introducing yourselves."

Yeah, I noticed that too...
He must have a good memory as a wolf, an Escobar to be exact...

I just nodded and faced front...
I then asked...
"Sir, you're pretty young to be a teacher, how old are you?"

"23" he answered

"I don't plan on being one, just wanna go through this kind of mathematics, I accelerated in high school so I never really went through this math. I'm going to take over my father's pack" he explained

Well, he is the eldest...

"Speaking of which, you're Olivia right?"

I nodded in response

"Have you found your mate?"

I shook my head no...

"You don't look like someone looking forward to it"

"I'm not indeed"

"You don't want to? I don't know your reason but, having a mate is a gift, I've heard enough of how amazing it would feel having a mate, just a scent of your mate could make you calm or crazy"

He chuckled in the end...

"Yeah.....I noticed you found yours in the classroom"
Wait a minute....
"Sir, why are you telling me about werewolves?"

He looked at me like I'm the weird one...

"Aren't you one?"

I didn't say anything because I myself am not sure if I am...

"I sensed you were one, but I can't feel your wolf" he said, in which then his face had the expression of realization...

"You don't have one?" He slowly asked

I looked down and nodded a little.

"Don't be crestfallen, I've met some"

My heart lit up.....
There are other werewolves like me?

"How?" I asked, a werewolf is not a werewolf if it doesn't have a wolf

"The reason can be it's because you have human blood in you, like direct human blood, mom or dad, but it's pretty rare"

I checked that before and no, there's not a single human bloodline in the Larkspur family.

I didn't bother to continue this conversation about me without a wolf, it's such a headache...

"So sir, you know her?" Talking about his mate...

"No, notice that I didn't look up?"

I nodded

"If I did and found her, I wouldn't just stand there, I'd probably grab her like a madman outside. That would cause problems, and no, I injected too much inside me that I wouldn't be able to find her until tomorrow or maybe tonight"
He paused for awhile...

"It's driving me crazy to find her"

"Why?"

"Because it's been 6 years"
He sighs then looks at me...
"After hearing it from me, you still don't want a mate? It might not just because you want one but because you need one"
He really cares about his students huh, sounds creepy to me...
"I don't want nor need one"