Chapter Fifteen

"Can I take you out tonight? There's this new restaurant by the beach and I wanted to try it. Do you want to tag along?"" Alex stood in front of my apartment door a little breathless, dressed in black cargo pants and a black Nirvana shirt.

"Uhm-"

"Who is it?" Mel called from the living room, where we were watching the sixth season of Grey's Anatomy.

"It's Alex!" I yelled back, my eyes never leaving Alex's. She raised her eyebrows at me.

"What does she want?" Mel appeared right behind me, her body pressed against mine as she snaked a possessive hand around my waist. "What do you want?"

Alex cleared her throat, obviously feeling uncomfortable. "I just came to ask a question."

"And you don't have a phone to just text her?" Mel leaned close to my ear and whispered, "Told you she liked me, came by just to see me."

I gulped. Was it true?

"Yes, I like to talk to people face to face."

"Mhm." Mel replied, "Sureeeeee...," she trailed off and raised an eyebrow at me.

Alex just frowned. "What the hell are you on about?"

My fiancée scoffed and eyed Alex judgmentally. "It's something between my future wife and me. So mind your own damn business, weirdo."

I noticed how Alex fist clenched at her side. I had seen the muscle mass in her arms and shoulders and I was sure as hell that she wouldn't lose in a fight with Mel.

Alex breathed in and out slowly, closing her eyes in the process. When her eyelids lifted again, she put on a very bright fake smile. "Ry, can you just give me an answer to my question, please?"

My eyes wandered between the two other woman. I bet Mel wouldn't like me going out with Alex. But on the other hand, Alex and I were just friends, I was allowed to hang out with my friends. "Sure."

Alex's smile became genuine. "Great, I'll text you the details."

Then she turned around and left. Mel quickly closed the door and pushed me up against it. Her lips hungrily found mine as her hands worked their way across my whole body. And let's just say, she showed me a couple good reasons why she was going to be a great wife.

In the evening, Mel had left the apartment fortunately so I took Pedro on a quick walk and after got ready. Alex had told me to dress fancy, so I put on a slim, awesome black dress I had and paired it with a pair of nice black heels.

Alex texted me that she was there to pick me up. Right outside of my apartment complex a slick black Aston Martin was parked on the side and Alex leaned against it. A pair of sunglasses were on her nose and a white suit on her body, black button up underneath.

When she noticed me she smiled, showing her straight white teeths.

My heart stumbled over a beat and I had to swallow down a lump in my throat.

She pushed off her car and met me in a hug, her arm around my back. I returned it and grabbed around her waist, leaning my head on her chest and smelling her nice perfume. The butterflies started riding roller-coasters inside of me and I smiled.

"Hi." She whispered in my ear and I hugged her a little tighter. "You look fantastic, beautiful."

"You look so so good, Alex."

"Thanks, I dressed up just for you."

My cheeks started blushing as I pushed away from her.

"You can always just undress me though, if you want to." She winked at me and goofily smirked.