Chapter-28

"What the hell are you doing here? Are you fucking crazy?" I exclaim in Damien's direction, and he has the audacity to remain as calm as he was before

"I'm here to meet someone. And unfortunately it's not you." I roll my eyes at his smart ass response. "Why couldn't you just climb in from Joseph's window?" He shrugs, "In your dear brother's words. He gets cold so the window remains closed. He's rich and dramatic I know."

"God, fine, go on up." I turn to go keep the frying pan back in its place but he catched my hand bringing me to a stop.

"Hold up, he can wait, I've been meaning to run into you for a while." I turn to see him with that trademark cocky smirk, "And why's that?" I ask and he takes a step towards me.

Instinctively I take a step back, but he takes the wrist he is holding currently to pull me closer, I don't actually move forward but I do jerk a little towards his direction. "What are you doing?" I ask him as he gets impossibly closer to me. "You don't know?" Damien's voice was now lower.

I tried to keep my reaction under control as ho looked me in the eye, with an expression that made my skin tingle. And suddenly he broke out into a smile, a smile that I couldn't quite understand the meaning behind. "I fucking love messing with you."

"What the fuck does that mean?" I ask annoyed, "It means I know your buttons, I know how to make you squirm and I fucking love it." I narrow my eyes at him in response, "You think you know me?" I ask and Damien's nods in response.

I laugh "You don't know me pretty boy. You know Natalia. And she's fucking awesome, I agree but you have no idea who Anastasia is." Damien hums in response. "So what Natalia is some weird alter ego of yours? How in denial can you be? You are the same person, no matter you try to deny it."

"You're wrong, Natalia might be a little bit like me, but she is not me."

"Oh so what you're saying is that Natalia is a totally different person, and her actions have nothing to do with you?" Before I can speak up he keeps continuing. "Natalia is a fucked up person and so are you, you really expect me to believe that you've got nothing to do with the hundreds of people that Natalia's killed? Well guess what the truth remains that the blood of those people is on your hands." He says as he brings up my hand he had been holding to the front of my eyes.

I snatch my hand away from his grip, "Look I don't know what the hell is wrong with you? But clearly you hate me for something. So what is it? Did I kill someone you care about? Did I hurt poor the poor little demon."

He sneers in my direction. "Yes, actually you took someone really important from me."

I gave him an exaggerated pout, "Aww, poor little demon's sad. Yes, I have killed quite a lot of people who had families and lives, most memorable of all." I come closer to him just the way he came close to me, "My mother." His eyes widen, "Yes, I stabbed my mother to death and then burned her house down, with her dead inside. And I laugh when I think of that memory. You know why? It's because her and all the people I killed have one thing in common, you want to know what?" I ask him mockingly.

"They were bad people. Every drop of blood on these hands is of people who deserved it, I will never regret the deaths I've caused because each and every one of them deserved it. So I don't care who it is that I killed that made you so angry but guess what, I don't regret it. I don't even think about it that much. So calling me fucked up is not news pretty boy, I know that quite well."

I could see the restrain it took for Damien to control his anger. Until he snapped, his hand reached up to wrap around my throat as he pushed me up against the wall, "You..." He says nothing else, as he stares at me with a mix of emotions that I could not decode at three in the morning.

His hand on my throat applied no pressure, it just stayed there just laying softly on my neck almost as if he was deliberately trying not to put any pressure on it. I snaked my hand up to wrap around his fingers and his eyes darted down, an expression of confusion crossing his face. "You know, if you're planning choking me at least do it well." I applied pressure around his fingers, letting them close around my throat tighter as my other hand crept up his chest and rested on his shoulder.

Damien's eyes widened as he took his hands away from my neck and pushed me back towards the wall by my shoulders. "Come on now. Tell me how was it?" I ask him. He waits for a long second studying my face before he opens his mouth to speak but this time I stop him.

Hearing footsteps coming down the stairs I put my hand on Damien's mouth silencing him, he goes to push my hand away but I signal to him that someone is coming down the stairs.

"Anastasia? Is that you?" I hear my father's voice from the stairs, I scramble for a response, "Yeah, I just came down to get some water." We both stand there not moving an inch hoping that the answer satisfies my father and he moves on. But when I hear the noise of the footsteps increase I look back to damien, both of us with panicked looks, our previous conversation forgotten for the moment.

"Fuck, okay, behind the couch now." Damien nods as he rushes and dives to hide behind the couch. He hides just in time as my father enters the kitchen. "Hey, everything okay? I kept hearing sounds."

I give him my best, innocent face. "Nope, everything is fine. I just needed to get some water and I came down." He nods and is about to leave when his eyes drop ot the ground and I follow his eyesight to see the frying pan I had dropped earlier and hadn't even noticed.

"Oh yeah, you see I saw a spider and I freaked out trying to kill it. Yeah it was a big disgusting spider." I honed in on it knowing Damien was listening to conversation. "I just hate creepy crawlies."

With a suspicious nod he leaves backup to his room, I wait for a little while more, and listen out for the closing sound of my father's room. When I am sure he is in his room I give Damien the all clear to come out.

When he comes back out we stare at each other for a moment, knowing how our conversation was going on previously it certainly feels awkward at the moment. Finally I sigh as I turn around to grab the glass of water on the counter.

"Go to your friend, we'll continue this when I'm not sleep deprived."

"This isn't over." I smile at his comment, going to him I place my hand on his cheek, "Of course it isn't." I say as I get up to my toes and press a feather light kiss to his cheek, and hear him take in a sharp breath.

On my way back up I smile as I revel in the effect I can have on this boy.

____________________________

Was this chapter actually on time??What!!!

How did you like it??

I love writing the banter between Ana and Damien, it is always so fun!

Who is it that Ana Killed???

Guess you'll have to keep reading to find out!!!!

I love you all!!💕💕✨✨