Chapter-14

"One should always take the high road

"One should always take the high road."

Ha! What a load of shit! High roads suck. Trust me, I have enough cigarette burns and scars to prove my point. People like to believe that us as humans can rise above things such as revenge.

Well let me tell you one thing, revenge is the sweetest pleasure you will ever know. There is nothing more satisfying than seeing the person who wronged you suffer. And it's even better when you're torturing them with your bare hands.

I spent the entirety of last night worrying about how my brothers will try to get back at me after what I did to their friend last night, whatever her name was.

That was until I realised that they can't scare me. If I wanted to, I could kill them within seconds. And I was the one with the leverage at this point, but still. I couldn't stay playing defense. I had to go on the offense.

I know it sounds excessive. But if one thing comes out, another does and so on. I have a very delicately placed web of lies that cannot fall apart until I want it to.

Knowing what I had to do, I checked myself in the mirror one last time before I went down to have breakfast. the entire family was already downstairs in their usual places. I made sure to keep my left hand outside of the pocket of my jacket.

Donatello's POV

I had been in the middle of reading the morning paper when I heard footsteps meaning that Anastasia had joined us.

"Morning." I heard her say, I was waiting desperately for the day when that morning would turn into a goodmorning. I look up from the paper to wish her as well when something caught my eye.

The white bandage wrapped around her left hand was not easy to miss. "Anastasia, What's that?" I ask her, folding back my paper.

She set down the jug of orange juice on the counter and looked at her hand. "It's nothing." She then shoved her hand into the pocket of her jacket.

Well, it was pretty fucking obvious that this wasn't nothing. "Anastasia what is that?" I ask her again. I could tell she was getting nervous, she wasn't the best at hiding her true emotions.

"I-I told you, it's nothing. Really." she was trying to avoid the question and I was growing more anxious by the second. I got up and walked towards her, "Anastasia please tell me."

I keep my gaze on her, not allowing her to escape. She fidgets with the end of her bandage, as she stammers out a response. "It's, nothing really. Just...something happened last night and I'm sure it was an accident anyway so it doesn't matter everything's fine."

She tried to brush past me but I held my hand out, stopping her. I look towards her expectantly, waiting for her to answer on her own. But she never did although her eyes kept shifting towards the other twins and Joseph.