Chapter-20

Joseph's POV

Joseph's POV

The moment she was out of our sights I ran to the nearest bathroom, falling to my knees in a stall and emptied the contents of my stomach, tears burned at the edges of my eyes, my nails dug into my palms.

I tried to hold in my whimpers as I fall back onto my ass and rest my head on the wall, using the back of my hand to wipe away at my mouth. I bit my tongue to stop myself from screaming out loud.

God! That woman really did ruin everything for us. "I hate you mom, I hate you so much." I whisper into the empty bathroom in hopes that maybe my voice could seep through the ground and reach her in hell.

Who was I kidding, I could resurrect her back to life and tell her how much I hated her and she'd just laugh in my face and tell me she didn't care. I hated her for ruining our family, I hated Alphonso for what he did.

But right now, the person I hated the most was myself. My father is the literal leader of one of the biggest mafia's of the world and fucking look at me, a wimp.

Getting up, I flushed the toilet, washed my face and put on a supportive smile as I exited the room, I had become used to faking smiles, it had become second nature to me at this point.

Kai's POV

I don't really remember how I got to the hospital, I think it was Alvise that dragged me away from Stasia's room, my felt dry but I was afraid to close them again, everytime I did, I could see Stasia again in that damn bathtub and my heart stopped all over again.

Our last conversation rang in my ears like a reminder, that I had put her here. If I had just kept my mouth shut, none of this would be happening. Or better yet, I should have just told her right away, talked to her correctly and things could have been different.

A hand on my shoulder shaved me out of my thoughts and brings back to the real world, the noises fill back in and so do my surroundings. I don't like hospitals, never did, any injuries we would sustain would be usually dealt with privately.

Being here surrounded by so many people felt like I couldn't breathe. I look up to see Alvise by my side, he took a seat beside me and kept his hand on my thigh. Not two days ago that gesture had felt so rewarding, so endearing.

It feels guilty now, wrong in so many ways. When I look back up to him, I see sympathy on his eyes, for me. Sympathy for his boyfriend, more than his sister.

"Why don't you care about her?" We're the first words that came from my mouth since we got here, Alvise along with the rest of his family that were scattered across the room looked up towards me.

"What?" Alvise asked me, and I repeated myself, "Why do you hate her? What has she done?" I ask him, and he looks around, shock and confusion apparent on his face.

"Can we not talk about this right now?" He whispers to me. But I pay no mind to that, "Your sister is lying half dead on an operating table, if now is not a good time then when, at her funeral?"