10

june 19th, 2022

exiting the bus, dal groaned as he pulled his personal id from his wallet. opening the company doors, he pressed the call button, the on shift employee walking to the desk. "hello?" walking to the counter, he smiled, fixing his bag. "i left my work id in room 304, can i get a temporary to grab it." nodding, the worker unlocked the computer, opening the database. "can i get your name and personal id?" sliding the plastic card across the marble, dal quickly said his name. "yoon dal."

"dal..." they muttered, scrolling through the employees. "stylist for seventeen's kim mingyu?" nodding, he smiled as the employee printed out a temporary id, dal sticking it onto his jacket. "thank you." he bowed, the employee opening the id barred gate remotely from the desk.

looking at his phone, dal entered the elevator, clicking the button to go up. his phone rang in his pocket, smiling as he picked it up. "what do you need?" "wow i thought you loved me." "only if you get me out of paying rent for the month." dal smirked, exiting the elevator and walking the familiar path to the makeup room.

"anyways, i want you to get my wallet it's under my stand." "why is your wallet- never mind i'll just do it. bye." "bye baby." "ugh." dal said, hanging up with a bright grin on his face. opening the door, he grabbed his hanging id. "where is wooseok's wallet?" he muttered, missing the footsteps walking toward the open door. "is anyone in here?"

"ow!" dal exclaimed, hitting his hair on wooseok's chair. "oh shit dal are you okay?" the voice said, dal feeling familiar arms wrap around him. "yep, i'm great mingyu." "i'm sorry." he frowned, pulling dal out and holding him tightly. dal laid in his embrace, quietly breathing, heart in his stomach creating a storm of emotions. moving his head, dal placed his lips on mingyu's neck, pulling away slowly.

"i didn't expect that." mingyu whispered, rocking dal back and forth. "i didn't either." dal replied, looking at mingyu lovingly, his mind racing with blush resting on his cheeks. the two inched closer, mingyu glancing at dal's lips. "would you like to go out to dinner tonight?" he asked, dal's eyes dilating in surprise. "sure. yeah." getting up from the floor, mingyu helped dal up, blush and bright smile growing on his face. "send me your address and i'll pick you up at 7." gently kissing dal's cheek, mingyu waved as he left, closing the door.

"holy fucking shit." dal said, walking to the door. "oh there's wooseok's wallet." he smiled, pulling the leather wallet from under dae's station. "i wonder why it's under her desk. probably just dropped it." brushing the thought off, dal happily closed the door, walking with a light skip as he went to the elevator.

opening the elevator, dal took a deep breath, fixing his hair in the elevator's mirror. "i need to calm down. you're just going to dinner." pressing the lobby button, he smiled, nodding his head back and forth.

"what is this a date?"

☆☆☆

laying in bed, dal aimlessly looked out the window, smiling happily at the thought of his dinner with mingyu. "get over yourself." he mumbled, stuffing his face into his pillow. the alarm to get ready for his date went off, dal screeching quietly.

rolling himself off the bed, dal groaned quietly, yawning.

@love_dal

❤️ 💬 ⬇️i don't want to get ready for dinner :/

❤️ 💬 ⬇️
i don't want to get ready for dinner :/

wooseokie: i don't like working but i dont complain
-love_dal: you can go suck some cock and leave me alone
-wooseokie: this is a hate crime

gyus_here: wdym :(
-love_dal: no i'm sorry no sad pls
-gyus_here: :(((
-love_dal: hugs :(
-gyus_here: :D
-love_dal: yay!!

happyvitamin_dk: take me out to dinner pls
-love_dal: i got you king
-wooseokie: fake you slapped me when i
asked to go to dinner
-love_dal: it's bc ur wooseok and thats my
bestie seokmin
-wooseok: damn😢

dal's phone rang, limply moving his arm to pick it up. "hi dal." a warm smile moved on his face, butterflies lightly flying at the comforting voice. "hi gyu." "do you not want to go to dinner tonight?" "i do. why?" "i thought you were tired and i wanted to make sure you're okay." kicking his feet, dal turned over, blushing heavily. "i'm okay. i still want to go to dinner." "okay, i'll be there at 7!" "bye gyu." "bye dal."

getting up from his floor, dal looked through his closet, looking for an outfit to wear. pulling out a long, white dress shirt, he buttoned up the nice cloth, putting on his dress pants. checking his phone, dal grabbed his necklace, looking into the mirror.

6:45.

putting on deodorant, dal grabbed his favorite perfume, the smell of gardenias filling the room. grabbing his socks, slipping them on his feet, his favorite boots calling to him from his closet. dal pulled them out, sliding his phone in his pocket as he moved to the front of the house, bag in hand.

the doorbell rang, dal panicking as he put on his boots, opening the door to mingyu smiling happily. "hi dal." "hi mingyu." "ready to go?" dal nodded, walking happily out the door, locking the keypad.

dal was going to have a great time.

☆☆☆

the two happily chatted, finally seated at the table. "you're prepping for tour, correct?" dal smiled. mingyu nodded. "it's starting soon. we have a meeting tomorrow to make sure everything is finalized." looking around, dal gasped at the nice quality room. "did you get a private room?" nodding, mingyu reached for dal's hand but pulled away. "yep. all the best for you."

a blaze of red took over dal's face, dal looking at the menu. "are you ready to order?" the waiter asked, bringing their bottle of pinot noir to the table. opening his mouth the speak, mingyu listed off the duo's order. "i'll be back soon." the bowed.

mingyu and dal moved to talking to each other, quiet conversations happening in the private room. reaching for dal's hand, mingyu subconsciously rubbed his knuckles, dal relaxing. 30 minutes had passed, the waiter bringing their plates of pasta. conversation changed into the clink of silverware against plates, the two rotating in between sneaking glances at each other.

finishing his meal first, dal looked at mingyu, his hair falling into his face. "be careful mingyu." he whispered, brushing the strand away. "thank you." he giggled, dal's heart ramping up in pace.

he was so content.

☆☆☆

hands clasped, the two entering a small ice cream shop. "want to share a chocolate?" mingyu said, dal looking over the flavors, nodding. "hello." the cashier said, mingyu wrapping his arm around dal's shoulder. "can i get a medium chocolate in a cup?" "anything else?" mingyu shook his head, paying for the dessert.

"thank you." dal said, grabbing the dessert from over the counter. exiting the shop, they sat out front, mingyu admiring dal as he ate. "can i have a bite?" mingyu asked, dal handing him the spoon, scooping the chocolate ice cream. "it's good." he smiled, kissing dal's cheek. "that's sweeter though."

hiding his face, dal laughed lightly, pattering his feet. "don't hide your face please." mingyu said, taking dal's hands off. "you're too pretty." smiling, dal took another bite, mingyu holding his hand. "you have something on your nose." kissing his nose, mingyu ruffled his hair, standing up. "i'll take you home."

throwing the container away, dal and mingyu walked to his car, going to dal's house. parking, mingyu opened the door, grabbing dal's hand. "you look pretty." he smiled, outside of dal's door. pulling mingyu in a hug, dal kissed his cheek lightly.

"i tried to be pretty just for you."

words: 1293
not edited

i watch either kurtis, danny, or drew while writing is actually quite chaotic
its mingyu and dal being cute then chaotic comedy
ANYWAYS i love you all take care of yourselves kisses and hugs mwua mwua