Chapter 1: New Guy at School

A/N: Hi. I originally posted this story to Quotev and AO3 about two years ago, but I decided to make an account and start posting on here as well. I'm currently in the process of rewriting this story (along with my other ones), and I'm also working on a new story at the same time. I should be able to update this pretty quickly, but I can't promise anything.

Anyway, this is a boyxboy story, so if that's an issue for you, don't read it. The story contains swearing and some content that may be triggering to some people, warnings will be applied before any chapter where it's necessary. With that said, there is some use of homophobic slurs in this chapter, so be warned. The pic is Nico. Hope you enjoy <3

~

I stare down intently at my sketchbook, slowly dragging the tip of my pencil across the thick, white paper and creating a bold line. I've been working on this sketch since Wednesday afternoon. It's a drawing of a zombie-like girl wearing a blood-stained dress, her face, arms and legs all covered in bloody stitches. I'm hoping I can create something that looks really creepy, yet kind of pretty at the same time. It's definitely not quite close to being finished, I still need to add some more detail, as well as some color, but I like how it's looking so far. Satisfied with the progress I've made for today, I close my sketchbook.

It's a free period and the last period of the day. During this time, we're allowed to go pretty much wherever we want within the school and just hang out. Any students that aren't involved in sports or clubs, like myself, usually gather in the courtyard in groups, just talking, gossiping and laughing about who knows what. Occasionally, someone will walk past the bench I'm sitting at and say hi or compliment my drawing. I never fell in with any cliques or got involved with any clubs. But people are, for the most part, nice to me, and I usually prefer to be by myself anyway. But who knows? I still have two years left before I graduate. Maybe I'll join a club or two and make some friends before then.

I glance up in the direction of the school store set up near the cafeteria, debating if I want to get a bottle of water or lemonade. The only time I ever bother to buy the school food, aside from the occasional bag of chips or candy bar from the vending machines, is when I forget to bring something from home. Since it's early September, it's still pretty hot outside, and a cold drink sounds pretty nice right now. I pause the "Monsters" by Matchbook Romance that I had been listening to and gently yank my earbuds out, tucking them into my pocket. As I reach down to grab my backpack and put my sketchbook away, someone walks in front of me and yanks it out of my hand. Startled, I look up at the figure, only to be met with a pair of dark brown eyes staring down at me. Goddamnit, not this asshole...

"Hey Nick. How's it going?" The one-and-only Ethan Anderson greets me, holding my sketchbook above me tauntingly. Where to start this guy? He plays on the school basketball team, and is one of the most popular guys in school. Despite that, he doesn't exactly have the best reputation, and a lot of people are intimidated by him, including a few of his teammates if the rumors I've heard are true. I can't say I blame them. He's tall enough that he towers over a good majority of the students (including me), is strong as hell, and has a pretty nasty attitude. Overall, he's not a good guy. Him and his buddies get a real kick out of bullying the freshmen and whoever else he decides is his target for the day. Unfortunately, I'm his favorite victim.

I let out a sigh, trying to think of a way I could get my sketchbook back and get away from him without getting seriously hurt. "Hi, Ethan." I greet back, purposefully keeping my voice monotone. I look around the courtyard, noticing he came alone. Huh, that's odd. Usually, he brings some of his buddies along so they can cheer him on as he beats the shit out of some helpless kid. "Just you today? Where's the rest of your group?" I ask as I glare up at him. Ethan only chuckles, running a hand through his greasy, dirty blond hair.