27| Twenty Seven

I didn't go to school for 2 days, I didn't want to.

My dad didn't question anything because I told him I was on my period and once you say that to a man they agree with everything.

So much has happened to me these past 2 weeks.

I held the bottle of pills in my hand, giving them a little shake. I looked down at the toilet, I already put one in there.

Just throw them away, you don't need them.

Or give them back to Zeno.

He'll kill me if he knew I took them though.

I closed the lid to the toilet and stuffed the pills in my draw.

Like clock work my phone started to ring, I walked to my bed and took a look at the caller I.D it was Mr. Johnson.

I took a deep breath and answered the phone.

"Hello." I whispered.

"Crystal. I hope everything is all right but I've been looking at your attendance and you've missed school a couple of times this week and last week. I hope you aren't playing hooky and skipping class." He stated.

"N-No I... I'm just not feeling well thats all."

"Are you sure? Because I've heard some rumors which I hope isn't true."

"Well you are going to have to be specific because there are a couple out there about me."

He let out a sigh. "Crystal, You've been doing good thus far. Don't mess this up. Please bring in a note from your father so your absences can be excused."

"Okay, thank you Mr.Johnson "

"Goodbye Crystal."

"Bye."

I keep messing up. I rolled over to my side and started to cry.

I hate myself so much.

Sebastian

Another day and she's still not here.
Schools, been boring since she's been gone.

Is she okay?

Is she sick?

My phone buzzed and I quickly looked at it to see if she ever responded to my text.

I rolled my eyes when it was just a spam from my gmail. Why would she even text me anyway, she made it pretty clear she does not want anything to do with me. There was a knock on the door and Ms. Andersen went to open it.

"You're late."

"Yeah, here." Zeno walked in, he looked really tired and out of it.

He slumped low in his seat. I went to text him.

Me: So are you and Crystal dating now?

I watched him look at his phone, he looked up at me.

"What?" I mouthed.

He smirked as he texted me back.

Zeno: No, we are just messing around.

Me: Messing around?

Zeno: She let me slide.

I choked on air and cleared my throat.