6- Down Town

~Song: Woodland

~Song: Woodland

I poured my coffee into my mug and looked outside at the ocean.

The house was mostly silent. Apart from the gurgle of the coffee machine the radio was playing at a medium volume.

"Good morning Ocean Bay Surfers, Swimmers, fishers, and boaters! Today's wave forecast brought to you by surf line shows..."

I didn't listen.

I couldn't get out and surf today, nor could I work... my parents made that much clear.

I was forced to stay home and show Finn around town, not that it was a bad thing to do but I was kind of hoping to get out in the water or at least do some training.

Walking with my mug I walked out in the deck that overlooked the ocean, taking my eyes off the waves I looked at my stack of boards letting out a long sigh.

Finn was right, I had too many boards for surfing to just be a hobby.

I had a 7'1 and a 6'8 hard top. Two 5'9 Al'Merricks and a fun fomie for shits and giggles.

I was good at surfing, I knew it and everyone else knew it.

And I loved it, but again, for me it was just a hobby. Though I could, I had no plans to go professional or even own a surf shop.

Even though one could say I was professional right now. I had sponsor's and occasionally traveled out of the country for a comp.

But let me make it clear, it was a hobby.

My mind wandered to a time when it was still a sport. The yelling, fighting, the money all of it making tears form in my eyes.

A hobby, a reminded myself.

Listening to the radio in the living room I leaned on the railing of the balcony. Today was going to be another hot day, I could tell that much by the morning weather.

God the beach was just calling my name, but it would have to wait.

My phone dinged in my pocket and I pulled it out.

Luke: hey my dads letting me take the boat out today not sure if y'all are interested

Ella: sounds good, do you want me to bring food?

Ryan: God yes and drinks

Leah: Jesus Ryan you better venmo her some money if you want her to buy all of that

Sam: sounds good, what time?

Luke: Like 7 or 8ish

Maddie: I'll be late I have a shift till then, text me where you are putting the anchor down and I'll take my dingy out there

I rolled my eyes for someone so academicically focused she always seemed to be late to everything. She was even almost late to the SATs.

I fiddled with my bikini strap as I continued to scroll through the messages revolving around the food plan.

I wasn't wearing anything out of the normal just a tie top and some short athletic shorts. The outfit itself was probably alittle to revealing (per my dads opinion) the bikini top was an old one that didn't really hold my boobs anymore and the shorts might as well be bikini bottoms at this point.

But what the hell, its hot out.

Finn: hey, sorry this is kind of late. But if Nora's up for it I'd love to come.

I froze at the message. When did he wake up?

I was still under the impression that he was asleep.

I set my coffee mug down and made my way into the hall way only to stop short as Finn exited the bathroom.

He had nothing but a towel around his waist and he was still dripping wet.

His brown hair was in a wet mop on top of his hair and his well defined muscles could be clearly seen.

I sucked in a sharp breath.

Dear God.

"Take a picture it will last longer sweetheart." He said casually not looking up from his phone.

I bit my lip and looked at a photo on the wall, my face flushing red for a moment.

"I didn't know you were up." I said casually.

He shrugged and finally looked up from his phone. You could see on his face the surprise at how I looked, it was then that I realized how small the bikini top truly was.

"Take a picture it will last longer." I joked pushing his insult right back at me.

But he just looked unamussed pulling out his phone.

"Ok." He said in a monotone voice

He took a picture before I could even register what he was doing.

"What the hell?" I asked stepping forward to grab his phone.

He laughed slightly.

"Relax, its off." He said flipping his phone around to show me.

I slapped his arm lightly while rolling my eyes.

"Not funny."

"Kind of is, you should have seen your face when you realized."

He laughed to himself before entering his room and going through his dresser.

"I heard a rumor that you are my personal tour guide today." He stated while pulling out a pair of light blue board shorts.

"Yeah, so what ever you want to see just let me know." I replied leaning against his door.

He stopped for a moment and smirked before shaking his head. I nervously smiled with him.

"What?" I asked trying to keep my voice light but curious.

He shook his head.

"Nothing, how about breakfast I'm starving." He said looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

I thought for a moment.

"We can get breakfast to go, if you're alright with that then I can show you down town."

He thought for a moment, almost wondering if that was a good idea.

"Yeah should be good." He said while putting on a t shirt.

"Breakfast burritos sound good?" I asked taking a step towards the door to leave.

Finn just nodded his head, the wet mop of hair allowing water droplets to fall to the floor.

With that nod I stepped out of the room and shut the door to allow Finn to change.

I looked at Phelps as I entered the living room.

All the words I was currently thinking engraved themselves in my brain, but I settled on the conclusion of...

Oh my God.

I'd seen both Luke and Ryan shirtless and dripping wet with water, but never had thoughts like that passed through my brain as I looked at them.

This was different

And this was going to be dangerous.

Words: 1085