Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter Forty Seven

Zoe

I love you.

It took me a minute to realize that those words actually came out of Tanner's mouth. He said it so casually, as if it came as easy as breathing for him, and then moved on just the same as the words hung in the air, waiting for me to grab them. It's not like it came out of nowhere, especially with the way our relationship has been intensifying, but it still caught me by surprise.

It wasn't just the words, but the look in his eye and the confidence and authority in his voice. So sure. So steady. So solid. There wasn't a bit of hesitation or doubt behind it, and maybe what surprised me most was how easy it was to say it back.

I might not have admitted it out loud to him or even myself the last few weeks, but it's been simmering inside of me for weeks. And now that it's out there, it feels like adding gasoline to a fire inside of me that I can't contain. Not that I want to. Admitting my feelings for Tanner and finally being on equal footing in a relationship feels freeing. It's stronger than anything I've ever felt before, and at the moment, I'm almost thankful for Zane steering me right into this moment.

I love Tanner. I love our connection. I love how easy he makes it. I love what we are right now, and I love the potential of what we could become.

And I love that he doesn't just say it, he shows me in a thousand tiny ways each day. It's in his attention to detail. In his touch. In the way he looks at me. He's a master of demonstration and soon, when he flashes me that irresistible grin, I know I'm getting the full show tonight.

Tanner grabs my hips and positions me over his lap, our bodies rubbing against each other as the bubbles pool around us. When his lips capture mine, I always feel his length stiff and hard against me. His kiss has a bite to it, the whiskey sting a surgery, addictive pain. His tongue sweeps through, mouth twisting over mine with such desperation and hunger that my core throbs, expectant of what's coming. It feels wild, primal, even a bit out of control.

He pulls back with a moan, leaving us both breathless. Tempting emerald eyes meet mine with a powerful stare, like he's looking into my soul. Searching for every secret and vulnerability, every hope and every dream. It's all laid out there for him, and a smile curls at the corner of his mouth. "There isn't anything in the world those eyes couldn't get me to do, Zoe Parker."

His lips are on mine again, but this kiss is different. It's slow and deliberate and intentional. Tanner is in command and every move is carefully thought out. That single kiss excites me beyond my wildest dreams, and as consuming as it is, it only leaves me wanting more.

Lucky for me, Tanner can read me like a book, and his strong hands slip into the band of my swimsuit bottoms. A shiver goes up my spine as he works them down, and a bit of panic sets in.

"Should we go inside? What if the boys..." He puts his finger to my lips to silence me.

"Shhh...See that window?" He glanced up, narrowing his eyes on the second story. "That's Lucas's room. You're going to have to keep that pretty little mouth shut."

"Maybe we should go inside." I start to squirm. Tanner grips my hips, holding me firmly in place.

"You started all of this, sweet girl." There is a playful wickedness to his grin that makes my body tingle. "Don't get shy with me now."

Thank God we're in the hot tub, otherwise I'm certain the blush on my cheeks would be embarrassingly dark.

A familiar pulse starts between my legs as his hands get closer, thumb brushing against the folds of my skin. My breath hitches as I feel one finger trace up my seam, circling my entrance in a brutal taunt.

icon lock

Show your support for Nicole Knight, and continue reading this story

by Nicole Knight
@authornicoleknight
Firefighter Tanner Hall is used to running into burning buildings and...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 10 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @authornicoleknight.