Chapter 3

Note: Remember- Anthony is a yandere so some of his actions and thoughts might be concerning.

(Just the type of stories I enjoy writing)

Anthony

Arrival

Ophelia moved her things to my place the next day. I was delighted. During the meeting yesterday, I couldn't stop myself. Every fiber in my body wanted her so badly that it drove me insane. My body craved her. She was a drug that I couldn't quit.

No, I can't scare her away. It's been so long since I've seen her. If she were to leave me again, there's no telling what I'd do. I'll slowly show her my true self.

Ophelia arrived in the carriage I arranged for her.

"You arrived!" I grinned.

"Yeah- Why is your manor a palace?!" she said, looking up.

I looked at her, a bit confused. "It really isn't that big. Well, I'll personally show you around."

"Yes, alright." Ophelia started walking up the steps without receiving any help.

I covered my face with my hand. I laughed softly, grinning. This girl is driving me crazy with just these simple actions. She really is one of a kind.

I looked at Ophelia as she was climbing up. Her foot placement was bothering me. One misstep and she'll-

I caught her just in time. She could've damaged her beautiful body. I couldn't let that happen.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"U-um, y-yes." She cleared her throat. Her face was rather flushed. Was she blushing? Ophelia tried again at words. "Yes, I'm fine. Thank you for catching me."

As she walked in, I cackled. It was clear. I was going insane.

As we were inside the main hall, I introduced her to her bodyguard, Elijah. He was from the Fu-Wei tribe in the eastern mountains. They were known for being notorious fighters and known for being ruthless. They were called bloodthirsty monsters or barbarians.

I had found Elijah sitting on the side of the road, staring at a dead boar. I could tell he was from the Fu-Wei tribe when I saw his silver hair and red eyes. Unlike the other Fu-Wei members, he was rather calm and quiet. Little did I know, he was a silent killer. He was quieter, but more deadly than the rest of the Fu-Wei. I took him in and put a sword in his hand. He didn't need a mentor. He was a natural. Elijah became one of my most loyal men and the best fighter.

He said I saved him from the darkest time of his life. The only person he told his story to was me. Many of the Fu-Wei's were killed by a rival tribe. His parents were killed and their home was burned down. He started to realize the harsh reality of killing. After that incident, Elijah was afraid of himself. He hated killing for his selfishness. But when he saw me, he knew that that was the light toward his dark tunnel.

What pissed me off was how warmly Ophelia welcomed him, but I should've expected this. Elijah stared blankly at her, said nothing, and walked away.

I brought Ophelia to her room. As soon as she saw it, she was in awe.

"It's so big! The bed is so soft too!" She jumped onto the bed and lay flat for a few minutes.

Then there was a knock on the door. "Come in," I said. A girl with dark brown hair and freckles walked in with a bow.

"Ah, you're here," I said. "Ophelia, this is Lucy, your new maid."

Ophelia smiled. "It's nice to meet you..."

"Lucy," the girl said with a big smile. "I'm Lucy."

"Alright now. Lucy, go wait for us outside." She nodded and walked out. "Ophelia," I said, "the official wedding date is in exactly two weeks."

Ophelia sat up. "Oh... Alright then. I guess I have to prepare."

I nodded. "I'll help you. It won't be easy though."

She sighed. "Yeah, I know."

I decided to give my heart a fraction of what it wanted. I walked over to Ophelia and kissed her forehead. I pulled back to see her face. She was blushing profusely. I smiled.

"I'll see you later," I walked out. Holding my heart. I just have to wait a little longer.

Ophelia

My Racing Heart

While I was packing up my things, one of the maids informed me that the duke sent a carriage for me. I rolled my eyes. Of course, he did.

When I told my father that I was engaged to Anthony, he was concerned. My brothers scowled and looked at each other with a glare in their eyes. My mother, however, was the only one who seemed happy about the marriage.

When I got to the duke's manor, he was already there waiting for me.

As I got out of the carriage, the duke smiled. "You arrived!"

"Yeah- Why is your manor a castle?!" My jaw dropped. It was ginormous! At least ten times bigger than my manor.

Anthony gave me a weird look. "It really isn't that big. Well, I'll personally show you around."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, alright."

I started to walk up the stairs and heard a little laugh, but I ignored whatever it was. But then I took a misstep and was about to fall- Anthony caught me.

He put me down and grinned. "Are you okay?" he asked.

My heart was racing and I could feel my face growing hot. "U-um y-yes." I cleared her throat. Gosh, why am I acting like this? "Yes, I'm fine. Thank you for catching me."

I quickly turned around and rushed inside.

Anthony introduced me to my bodyguard, Elijah. He had silver hair and beautiful red eyes.

I smiled at him and waved. He just gave me a blank stare and walked away. Rude. I glanced at Anthony's face and saw a sour look in his eye. What was that all about?

Anyway, he showed me the main rooms in the castle such as the dining area or the main hall. Then we reached my room and my eyes grew wide.

"It's so big! The bed is so soft too!" I jumped onto the bed and lay flat for a few minutes, not caring about the indecency he might see under my dress.

"Ophelia," Anthony said, "the official wedding date is in exactly two weeks."

"Oh... Alright then. I guess I have to prepare," I said, sitting up.

"I'll help you. It won't be easy though." Anthony nodded.

I sighed. "Yeah, I know."

Anthony then walked over to me and kissed my forehead. He pulled back and smiled. I blushed.

"I'll see you later." He walked out.

I sat there dumbfounded. I touched the part he kissed and bit my lip. I steadied my breathing and told my rapidly beating heart to calm down. If I'm this flustered after a kiss on the forehead, I couldn't imagine how I'd react to something more. It will surely be chaos.