Prologue

Five great nations made up their world

Five great nations made up their world. The two biggest were the Amphton and Acqua Kingdoms. Amphton was to the in the middle of the continent while Acqua was toward the Northeast. The Ethereal Lands, or the Holy Lands, is located in the north. The High Priest and other creatures reside in those lands. The Xard Queendom is located in the West and is allies with the Amphton Kingdom. Meanwhile, the Ithiea Kingdom is allied with the Acqua Kingdom.

The Amphton Kingdom and Acqua Kingdom had waged war for over fifty years. Until finally, Prince Andrew was crowned Emperor and they signed a peace treaty. The Acqua Kingdom had no choice since they were losing the war badly, so this was a good opportunity. Emperor Arlon of the Acqua Kingdom signed the treaty, but only bearing in mind the rare opportunity that had risen to grow his forces to attack again...

***

My life was great before my death.

I had a loving fiance and a wonderful family. But I died from an unknown cause. On my deathbed, my worst enemy revealed to me the poison she used poison in my tea to kill me. I didn't understand why she would go so far as to kill me. She's the daughter of a wealthy viscount. She's popular with the guys and has no trouble getting what she wants. Her name? The "Honorable" Lady Ethel.

Ethel hated me because she couldn't handle the fact that I was smart and popular, even with my low birth. It didn't help that I told my brother Owen to talk to Ethel as little as he could.

"You're the lowly daughter of a baron. A baron!" Ethel made me memorize those words.

That little witch ended up paying my fiance, Viscount Eugene, tons of money to get rid of me. They were also cousins, so of course he couldn't refuse.

On my deathbed, Ethel came to visit me. She came clean that this was her plan all along to get rid of me. Her reason for hating me was stupid, but she didn't care.

She smiled at me cruelly. "You must be curious as to why I'm here." Ethel cackled. "Well, I'll tell you as a parting gift." She put her hand to her chin, pretending to think. "The poison used to kill you was very expensive. I paid my dear cousin to put it in your tea. And guess what? It worked and you couldn't have even known."

I wasn't exactly surprised, but I didn't expect her to go as far as to kill me just because of her jealousy.

"What made you do this?" I croaked, more out of curiosity.

"This was planned a long time ago. It was in a vision Lady Addison predicted," she shrugged. "But that doesn't matter now. I'll be taking what's mine. Goodbye. Forever."

***

Grand Duke Anthony is the third prince of Emperor Arnold. Prince Arnold II abdicated the throne, so it fell onto the second prince, Prince Andrew. None of the princes wanted the throne, but Prince Andrew, the second prince, couldn't abdicate because Prince Anthony wasn't twenty-five and married, as per the rules for the throne. There was also another child among them. She was Princess Ariana. She was only 17 and not of age yet. As soon as Anthony was married and the correct age, he would be given the throne. So, Andrew gave Anthony the title of Duke and granted him some money and land. Anthony was positioned to guard the borders.

Grand Duke Anthony never had eyes for the throne, but he was the only one who could stand all the work and pressure. This is because as a child, his mother was a concubine rumored to have an affair with Emperor Arnold's brother. Anthony had to endure the rumors about him and his mother. He also had to go through knight training. It wasn't at all hard for him since he was seen as a prodigy.

Grand Duke Anthony was a quiet child who mostly kept to himself. He had a childhood friend but later drifted apart from her. Everyone says that she was his only love. Also known as Princess Addison.

***

I was brought to a peaceful place. It was the time between reality and the afterlife. But I never made it to the afterlife. Suddenly, I saw flashes of history throughout the world. I learned about the ancient creations of the five nations and how they came to be. I instantly had an infinite amount of knowledge. I learned the history and secrets of the whole world in what felt like seconds.

I opened my eyes and found that I was in my room. I wasn't sure if I was dreaming, or if that was Heaven, but it felt too real for it to be fake. I asked a nearby maid what day it was. I was back in the past, a year before I died and the day I would get engaged to Eugene. Then I hatched a plan to escape my tragedy.

It was easy to get over Eugene since our marriage was all arranged. I needed an excuse to break off my engagement with him. I decided to look for Grand Grand Duke Anthony. And I had a few cards up my sleeve.