1.2K 67 9

meet the family

✩ ° . * . ° ✩

"ben."

klaus spoke the word softly, like he didn't quite believe it. to be honest, no one else did either.

"is that really you?" luthet asked, stepping forward.

"and who are the weirdos on the balcony?" diego yelled, glaring at the six other...people standing/floating above them.

"they are the sparrows," reginald answered. "my children."

five looked from his father, to the sparrows, then back to reginald. "i'm sorry. what do you mean, your children? that's not possible, old man."

"of course it is! i think i'd know, wouldn't i?"

klaus was still staring at his undead brother. "everybody else can see ben, right?" he mumbled, shocked.

"cute hat, sundance," ben sneered.

"they call themselves the umbrella academy," reginald announced. "a group of scheming, perfidious malcontents, who accosted me in the fall of 1963 when i was away on business in dallas. be warned, they claim to be my spawn."

he glanced at sebastian.

"most of them."

allison put her hand up in disbelief. "claim? look, five, what the hell is going on?"

"i don't know yet, but it's concerning."

one of the sparrows, a tall man with dark skin and perfect posture, stepped forward. "is he telling the truth?" he appeared to be their leader.

"not the part about us being perfidious," vanya assured him.

"nah, we're amateur-fidious, at best," klaus added.

"but besides sebastian, we are his children. this is our house."

"yeah," luther piped up. "we grew up here."

"'yeah, we grew up here'," a man with half of his face perpetually melting downward mocked.

"i kind of think we would've noticed you," a woman with long brown hair and soft eyes said.

luther stared at her, face immediately breaking into a dopey grin. "hi. i'm luther."

sebastian put his head in his hands.

"okay-" allison interrupted. "none of you belong here."

"oh! well, then. i guess we'll just pack our bags and move out." a woman wearing dark glasses smiled with false sincerity.

the floating cube began garbling something and changing color. the sparrows chuckled when it finished.

"you slay me, chris," ben smirked.

who says that anymore? sebastian criticized, half expecting no one to understand. he was caught off guard when the melting man and a woman with black hair and a hoodie snickered.