1.9K 73 31

the day that was

✩ ° . * . ° ✩

"i'm sorry, am i the only one that's skeptical here?" allison asked incredulously. "i mean, how exactly do you know all of this about what's his name?"

harold jenkins, sebastian provided.

"you know those lunatics in masks who attacked the house?" five said. he winced a little as he moved.

"oh, yeah, i think i remember those guys," klaus answered sarcastically.

"yeah, the ones that attacked us while you two were getting drunk," diego snapped.

technically, i didn't-

"leave it. yeah, them. they were sent by the temps commission to stop us from coming back and preventing the end of life on earth."

"the temps...what?" allison questioned.

"our former employer. they monitor all of time and space to make sure that whatever is supposed to happen...happens."

sebastian swallowed, feeling a wave of dizziness hit him. it might've had to do with the blood dripping down his face and pooling in the muzzle.

"they believe the apocalypse is coming in three days," five continued. "so we went to commission headquarters and intercepted a message that was meant for said lunatics. 'protect harold jenkins'."

diego and klaus looked away from five, both slightly worried and confused at the red liquid coming out of the air holes of sebastian's mask.

he tried to focus on five's words, but his body was slowly shutting down."...so he...be responsible for...apocalypse."

his body was constantly trying to heal the holes in his jaw. however, the metal was burrowed into his skin, meaning that the cuts would just open again if he moved even slightly. this process was burning energy far too fast considering he hadn't eaten in hours.

his eyes shot open at the sudden burst of noise in the room.

"what do you mean, protect time and space?"

"where is this hazel, five?"

"what are you even talking about, five?"

"my skin is on fire."

sebastian usually had control of his abilities, but now his dialed up senses were in full swing.

"do you have any idea how insane this sounds?" allison demanded.

five scoffed and gave his family a dirty look. "you know what else is insane? i look like a 13-year-old boy." he pointed at himself, then klaus.

"klaus talks to the dead-"

then to luther. "luther thinks he's fooling everybody with that overcoat-"

finally, sebastian, who was once again sitting up, but his golden eyes were tired and angry. "and sebastian can swallow a bus whole and have room for dessert."