𝟮𝟮 ~ 𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗹

I POSTED ON TIKTOK AND IM SUPER PROUD OF THEM PLS SHOW SUPPORT😭😭🫶🏻
@/ngatiqel

it's already been a few days.
prior to today, ao'nung had stayed with the boy inside the pod and helped him through his shaken state with reassurances and skinship.

he never realised how touchy neteyam is in general until the boy would always find himself touching ao'nung; as simple as holding onto the heir's fingers.

whenever it does happen, ao'nung would become like an absolute fool; just watching neteyam stare out into the pod in silence.
ao'nung likes this.
he finds all of this peaceful.

as of currently, they've still been in the pod with occasional hydrotherapy whenever it had fallen dark since neteyam was still too afraid to leave when the sun peeps out.

both boys had been chatting away, laughing at stories and jokes while ao'nung is sat behind neteyam to braid his hair.

"i can't believe my ankle moved last night!" neteyam exclaims in excitement, slightly moving his ankles by an inch.

"i can't believe it too, see what i mean when i said you got this?" ao'nung chuckles, eyes glued onto the boy's hair.

neteyam just hums, distracted by the sudden appearance of his siblings by the waters.
"ahh~ the others are there" he points, causing ao'nung's eyes to dart over.

"what're.. they doing..?" he tilts his head, hands and eyes frozen at its spot.

"they're uh.." neteyam squints in hopes of seeing the group better.

the sully siblings, tsireya and rotxo could be seen by the waters as laughter fill the summer heat.
however, they've been attempting to drown both lo'ak and kiri.

lo'ak's muffled screeches from under the waters could be heard even from where the eldest sons are and could also been seen dragging rotxo down with him.

neteyam couldn't help but giggle at the sight.
the happiness radiating from his siblings had caused a sudden boost of motivation to get better.

"nung, you think i'll be able to walk properly soon..?" his ears drop, realising the state he's in.

"i know you will, just a bit more practice and i think that'll do the trick." ao'nung drops his hands and moves beside neteyam while eyeing at his creation.

"beautiful"
neteyam tilts his head at the odd adjective and realisation quickly punches ao'nung in the head.

"—i'm talking about my creation." he quickly says, catching neteyam off guard.
"ah- well, you're not too bad at braiding, i suppose"
he chuckles, gently running his fingers over his head and feeling the braids.

"not bad, not bad." neteyam praises, nodding his head in approval.

"have some faith in me" the metkayina heir groans dramatically before standing up.

"you hungry?"
neteyam nods, throwing his gaze up at the standing boy who shines a widened smile.

"i'll be back, i'll go and get some food. you want anything specific?"

"not really, you can get me anything" neteyam coos into a slight smile, watching the boy swiftly leave through the other side of the marui pod before averting his eyes back onto the group.

as if on cue, xau'n pops in front of neteyam with a giddy smile.
"hey nete~" she drags, moving to take a seat beside the confused boy.

"hi xau'n.." he quietly mumbles, still completely lost on how this whole mate thing happen.
"so.. is your legs getting better?" she pushes her shoulders up as palms rest on the knees.