• Perfect Storm • | 6 |

September

September

I wake up to the sound of a deep voice. I sit up slowly, taking a look around the room and making a note that it's gotten darker since when I fell asleep. I don't even remember falling asleep.

"Just- I don't know, just keep him away from my fucking company." I look up from the couch and see Lewis pacing back and forth with a phone held to his ear and a very 'pissed off' vibe visible.

He notices me and his face lifts from the clearly angered one he was projecting just a few seconds ago."I have to go, get it done James." He hangs up the phone and makes his way to the couch.

I lay my head back and notice that there was a blanket over my legs. I didn't fall asleep with this, right? I would remember.

"Well if it isn't sleeping beauty rising from her 100 year nap." He jokes but if I'm being honest I really want to be nosey and ask who he was talking to. But for the sake of not repeating history, I won't do anything for him to get sick of my presence. Well, I won't rush the process.

I stretch my arms and my back, removing the sleep from my muscles and I yawn."What time is it?" He reaches his hand over and pulls the blanket higher on my lap since it slipped when I stretched."It's only 7 o'clock, I'm a shitty cook so I was just waiting for you to wake up so we could order something."

I let a small giggle slip from my mouth and crisscross my legs."How long have I been asleep?" I question and look at the now opened curtains showing off the dark sky and the bright moon colliding with the city lights.

"When I was done with my meeting you were already sleeping, but my meeting was only an hour so I'd say about... 4 hours?" I nod. I wonder what his meeting was about. On the websites and magazines, he's an investor. It didn't say a lot of personal things though.

I turn my body towards him so we were facing each other. "How old are you?" I ask and a look that says 'We haven't really learned anything about each other' comes across his face.

"Im 29." He says very blankly as if expecting a certain reaction from me. I drop my jaw dramatically and my eyebrows shoot up."Really? Your so old." I say and he chuckles. Oh my lord.

"You were walking the earth with dinosaurs. You went to school with Queen Elizabeth. You discovered-"

"Okay, okay I get it. How old are you though?" Oh my god. I just realized me and lewis have an 8-year age gap. That is insane, but surprisingly, in a more exciting way.

"22." I manage to exit my thoughts and spit out the 2 numbers that happened to be the amount of years I've been on this disgusting planet. His eyebrows shoot up in surprise and he takes a heavy breath."My god, your barely even allowed to legally drink." Isn't this something you'd check before my signature went on the paper? I mean, what if I was a minor?

"Yea, but who's to say I didn't drink before I was at the legal age?" He raises his eyes to meet mine under his eyelashes and grins."That's not very expected from a good girl."