Chapter Twenty Three. Never Be Afraid Again

// Sort of wishing Florence asked Bill to make a song together so that they could get all creative together... I picture they could make a pretty bizarre music video too...

Anyway, I hope you like this one! //

Bill was angry at himself, a week, another week had passed by and they had nothing about Henry... The press would have a feast at the end of the month if they didn't find the kid, and Schafer had asked him and Georg to get Elizabeth's help.

Of course, even if Bill had didn't want to, he had to talk to her and apologize at least for the little boy's sake. Emma had been pissed when she heard what he did to her.

"You fucking asshole!" She yelled at the blonde as Tom pulled on her hips so she'd sit on his lap and calm down.

"Oh, come on...Emma, she married some other guy! Bill had every right to say whatever he wanted to say." Tom had tried to excuse his brother and Bill agreed in silence as he took a swig from his beer.

"Oh, did he?" Emma folded her arms over her chest. "Because she has so many people to trust, right? Because she's flourishing with friendships. From what I know people like have the hardest time out there." Her voice was filled with anger.

"Well..." Bill put his beer down on the table.

"She's got Eryn..." Tom tried.

"She's got shit, Bill, and you know it. Do you know why she had to marry so soon right after telling you she didn't want to? Have you stopped to think that perhaps there's something you're missing... a piece of the puzzle... you know? For a detective you seem quite clueless to me." She turned to Tom. "I'm going home, I have work tomorrow."

Tom nodded and got up with her.

"Nah, let's go, not gonna have you walking home..." They walked out of Bill's apartment and he was left on his own. He'd seen Eryn in the station a couple of times, she kept going there looking for her sister, Georg and her had gotten a little close so he'd told her he would call her when she appeared through the doors; which wasn't happening soon unless he looked for her and apologized.

The next morning Bill went to the station to find Georg already sitting on his desk waiting for him.

"We're going to see Izzy; I'm all out of ideas." Listing announced. "Maybe we've been thinking about this too much, I think that's why she's such great help; she's got her mind on other things throughout the day..."

"Do I have to go?" Bill asked, turning back to look at Georg as he was already halfway through the hallway.

"Yes, I need you to charm her into helping us!" Georg replied.

Bill sighed and walked with him.

Outside it wasn't too cold, too warm, too windy or too wet; it was just morning. The soft wind still moved the leaves on the trees and the sky didn't seem to be showing that grey colour the rest of the world considered to be the English characteristic. Bill walked in his jeans and dress shirt with his eyes on his boots as they approached the big house. He could see the white doors of the garage and decided to stand back next to Georg as he rang the doorbell.

A woman with thick lids and a pretty olive skin, who looked like a foreigner opened the door for them.

"Hello, we're detectives Listing and Kaulitz. We're here to see Mrs. Parker." Georg explained, making a small pause before saying Mrs. Parker as it still sounded strange to him, he was already so used to the last name Collins...