Chapter Four. Help

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on." Franklin D. Roosevelt

She was nervous to make the call, when he picked up she thought her heart was going to blow into a million pieces.

"Did you do it?" She asked him. He sounded tired as he replied.

"I did, but God...was he heavy!" He said cleaning the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand. "I think it should be alright, I used globes and there was no one around."

"What if they find out?" She felt desperate. None of this should have happened, but it did.

"They won't. You know it was an accident. It's gonna be alright." He said to her. "Trust me."

There was a brief moment of silence while she twisted the chord of the phone in between her fingers.

"Alright. Thank you."

***

She laughed at what he said. She actually laughed. Gi couldn't be any more proud of anything she'd done before; she convinced Izzy of going out with her and her boyfriend and invite Philip too. He had been very easy to convince and Gi could see how she had turned into a matchmaker.

By the end of dinner, Philip had made his move asking for Izzy's phone number and inviting her to see him play tennis at a small tournament.

Gi was over the moon; her cousin was finally going out with someone.

Izzy accepted on going to see him play because he had gone to her event the last weekend so she thought she might go to his the next one.

On the next couple of days Izzy saw the detectives and some officers walking around on campus, they had found Albert's body in the campus and she felt nervous. She had to stay in the library until quite late to study for her tests because she just got too distracted in the apartment, so Philip tried to assure her.

"If you want me to, I could pick you up, so you don't have to walk around there so late." He had offered but Izzy didn't want that, she wanted her alone time, she just hated to think what someone could have done something so awful to Albert, the coffee guy as she knew him in the office.

"No, it's fine. I'll see you on Saturday." She said.

Izzy felt sick to her stomach when she heard what had happened from one of her classmates, the papers said that he had been strangled to dead. She knew the feeling, she didn't have the nightmares anymore, but she knew how it was when you couldn't breathe and you felt the desperation and pain of not being allowed to.

The next morning in the office she overheard something she thought could be useful for the detectives, something that the police wouldn't know because they hadn't asked the right person.

One of the most conceited lawyers had asked him to get her a ticket's for a play and because he was busy, Izzy imagined he would have gone out of his way late in the afternoon to get this done.

Izzy called Georg's phone number from the office.

"Hello, detective Listing?"

"Yeah, who's calling?"

"It's me, Elizabeth Collins." She said, already used to saying those words. "I just heard something about Albert. He could have gone to the theatre on Wednesday, he would have been there late, because he's in almost all my classes and I know he's busy in the morning." She explained.

"So you think he was downtown at let's say...8:00?" Georg asked.

"Yeah... he could have been out of campus at 7:30 or something like that, yeah." Georg thought about it as he looked down at the autopsy report, the estimated time of dead was around 9:00 and midnight on Wednesday. "Does this help at all?" Izzy was worried.

"Yes, it does." Georg got up from his desk and turned, he walked out to find Bill on the phone with one of Albert's friends. "Thank you very much." He said.

"No, it's...it is fine, just... just..." Georg waited patiently on the other side as Izzy felt the faint memories of choking on that metallic liquid... "I know you'll find whoever killed him." She said.

"We will."

Georg hanged up after that and waited for Bill as he finished talking to the other person on the phone as well. They looked at each other.

"Who was that?" Bill asked.

"Izzy Collins. I think we have to visit the theatre." He urged him to follow him to the car. "According to her, he would have gone to get his boss some tickets for a play or something and she figures that they have similar schedules so he would only have had time late."

"How late?" Bill wondered.

"Almost 8:00?"

"But it wasn't a random kill, Listing, they dropped him in the university, whoever killed him, knew him very well."

"Maybe someone followed him..." Georg speculated. "Maybe the roommate went with him, if he got the tickets, and then the cashier would be able to tell if he was with someone."

"Maybe it was someone from that office, we haven't gone there." Bill wondered out loud.

"Are we ready to go sniffing around there?" Georg asked his partner.

"Ready or not, we don't have many options." Bill said.

// THIS STORY HAS SHORT CHAPTERS AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!!!! (I seriously don't know what's up with me and this short chapters, maybe it's because it's the start??? idk)

But if you guys keep being awesome I might just update everyday so this little chapters won't make you mad..

Thanks for reading, voting and dropping off a nice little comment! //