Chapter 14: Kakashi vs Kakkō

Kakashi sighs. He sighs. He doesn't know if it is relief or not but he relishes the feeling of forcefully removing his hand from the man's chest. The man falls to his knees first, then falls flat on his face. Blood is everywhere, and it overrides his sense of smell. He hears a thud a second after the Shinobi had already dropped to the ground. It's a woman that looks to still be embedded by the blade. Kakashi only gives it a small stare before his attention returns back to the man. That is none of his business, so he feels no responsibility.

He pulls a Kunai from his pouch and ignores the flaring pain in his hand. He didn't strike the heart. He had been going fast and struck as soon as he came upon the scene and the pain in his hand when he first activated Lightning caused enough pain to throw off his aim. Still, his strike was in a good spot and he would most likely bleed out.

But he wouldn't leave a thing to chance.

A white light from above falls upon him and forced his attention upward toward the sky. It's some sort of machine with rotating blades and he sees that a person is sticking out of it, staring at him. He wonders what it is.

"The news is here?!" Midoriya gapes. They shouldn't be here. Even if Blade was dealt with Stain still wasn't, or maybe he was. Midoriya hadn't seen him since his attack.

Kakashi recognizes the voice and turns to see Midoriya; the dead last. Honestly, he's surprised to see him. Midoriya must've noticed his gaze because they locked eyes soon afterwards.

"Y-you killed him..."

"Obviously. What are you doing here?"

"Why did you kill him?!" Midoriya demands. He's getting angrier by the second.

"Because, I wanted to."

Midoriya was taken aback. "Y-You wanted to?"

"Yea," he points to the annoying thing flashing a light down upon him from above. "What's that thing? Huh?" He looks down when his instincts direct him too. He sees a puddle of mud where the body of that man was supposed to be. He shouldn't have been able to dodge that. He had come out of nowhere. He shouldn't have had time. He didn't have time, but he could have sensed his approach. He didn't try to hide it at all. It didn't cross his anger filled mind.

His eyes swivel, looking, daring that man to jump from the shadows. Kakashi was going to take him down. His death was inevitable.

"Kakashi, what is going on?" Todoroki demands, pushing himself off the ground. He has to ignore the pain now. The man was still not defeated.

Kakashi doesn't answer. His body keeps swiveling. He can't afford to be distracted. The only man as dangerous as him had his sights set on him. There was no room for error.

~I've been waiting for you, brat~

All three of them hear the man as if he's right beside them. Kakashi tenses up violently and then remains stationary. He'll make himself dizzy going around in circles and he has to keep his calm. Shinobi could show no weakness.

He could follow that rule, right?

~I was surprised, though. You're a Jounin and yet, less careful than I thought~

"There's no point in hiding in a Genjutsu. My eye can see through it."

~I'm not hiding, I just want to talk. I know you'll attack me once you see me. And honestly, I'll do the same. But I want to know the name of the kid who's given me the most fun of any opponent I've ever fought."

'Genjutsu... hiding? Why can I hear him like he's everywhere when he's nowhere?' Midoriya could feel chills running through his body. He had no idea what was going on right now, but the feeling he got put fear through his heart.