𝘍𝘪𝘷𝘦

-Miss Snows POV-

The bell rings indicating that school is over. Not for me since I have to stay back to cover detention. A detention I gave, it was stupid of me but I suppose I can get work done during it.

I fix the papers on my desk which takes a few minutes, after that few minutes I realise that the girl who got herself detention isn't here yet. I set the papers down, sighing since I'm not in the mood for this.

I stand up from my chair, walking over to the door, almost running into her as she goes to walk in. It seems to keep happening.

"I'm sorry—"

"You're ten minutes late. Are you begging for more detention because I have no problem giving you more." I speak, trying my best not the raise my voice at her.

"W-what? No, I just couldn't open my locker and lockers have tricky keyholes so I couldn't pick it, I should have came and told you first but I didn't so, I'm sorry again." She huffs and I look at her, she looks back at me and I sigh.

"Sit down." I turn around, walking back to my own desk. I was going to give out a little more but I felt a little bad for the girl. She's a nervous wreck every time I see her. 

"Can I go to the bathroom?" She asks, I look up at her. Is she serious? She's ten minutes late and now she wants to leave.

"I swear to fuck." I mutter under my breath before I simply nod. I turn on my laptop, trying to do a little work.

I overheard Diana's conversation with Melody in the library, I wasn't eaves dropping, I was looking for a certain book and the librarian told me that it was there.

I was in the other aisle when I heard the two of them, my attention was caught when Diana said she didn't read much, just "sometimes" but she told me she loves reading. Then she went onto to say she hangs out with friends outside of school and smokes? She's the type of girl to be afraid of her own shadow, I doubt she smokes.

She works two jobs if I'm recalling that correctly, how does she have so much time to hangout with these friends who seem imaginary. She's lying.

She's changing herself for a girl who, from what I've gathered, is one of the "cool" ones. If I'm going to be honest, I think she wants something from Diana and when she gets it, Diana is going to end up hurt. It's just from experience of being in high school, not too long ago either.

Melody isn't a nice girl, she doesn't follow rules, she doesn't get good grades, she's the type of girl to party over studying...Diana's the opposite, Diana's a good girl, if you tell her to do something, she will do it immediately. She will follow rules, she gets good grades.

The door opens and Diana walks in followed by one of the other teachers, Nadine who walks in with a stack of books.

"Natalie, good, you're here. Mrs Daniels told me you were looking for some old yearbook photos?" Nadine says and I nod.

"Yes, thank you." I smile and she looks at Diana.

"You have detention?" Nadine asks Diana, Diana purses her lips nodding.

"You are the last person in this school that I would expect to see in detention." Nadine laughs.

"Yes, well, she must get back to detention and I suppose you have work to get back to as well." I smile trying to be polite but that isn't my specialty. Nadine nods and starts walking over to the door. She closes the door behind her as she leaves.

"Your names Natalie?" Diana asks and I look at her.

"It is." I start cleaning my desk since it's messy, at least I got the papers out of the way.

"That's a pretty name." She taps her pen on the table and I snort.

"It's just a name." I tell her, fixing the books on my desk.

"It's still a pretty one, I like it." She says quietly, sounding embarrassed to say it.

"Well, thanks then. I like your name too, Diana." I speak, remembering her poem which makes me put the books down. Her poem was beautiful but it had meaning behind it, I just want to make sure she's alright. I'm not a therapist but she might tell me something and I might be able to help her.

"Your poem today was great....Are you alright? I mean if you aren't, it's not like you're going to tell me. But it's worth a shot, that poem had meaning behind it." I look at her and she keeps her eyes on her paper, doodling.

"It was nothing, just what came to my mind and-"

"Don't lie, you can just say you don't want to tell me but do not lie to me." I cross my arms and she looks up.

"I'm sorry...It just..I don't know." She speaks and I sit back down.

"Alright." I say before looking away.