viii. you'll let me have what i want

Edward turned to look back at Bella and Renesmee. Seth growled. Bella and Renesmee started forwards with Seth and Riley behind them. They stopped to turn and look at Elizabeth. Bella pleaded her sister with her eyes. Rosalie and Emmett loosened their hold on and she went to join her sister and her niece. They stopped in front of the Volturi. "Ah. Young Bella. Immortality becomes you." Aro looked at Renesmee and heard her heart beating. He began laughing maniacally. "I hear her strange heart." He said.

Elizabeth looked over to Alec, who turned to face her. She didn't break eye contact with him. Aro held his hand out to Renesmee. Seth growled as she walked to him. "Hello, Aro." Renesmee said and placed her hand on his cheek. "Magnifico." Aro said after Renesmee showed him. "Half mortal, half immortal." Bella pulled Renesmee back. "Conceived and carried by this newborn while she was still human." Aro said. "Impossible." Caius said. Aro turned to face him. "Do you think they fooled me, brother?" He asked. Elizabeth, Edward, Bella, Riley, and Renesmee all started walking back to their side of the clearing.

Seth growled at the Volturi. Elizabeth suddenly felt another presence with them. She turned to see Alec smiling over at Edward while holding his hand. Aro looked at him, shocked. "Bring the informer forward." Caius said. The guards dragged Irina to the front of the group. "Is that the child you saw?" Caius asked. "I'm not sure." Irina said. "Jane." "She's changed. This child is bigger." Irina said. "Then your allegations were false." Caius said. Irina turned to face the Cullens. "The Cullens are innocent. I take full responsibility for my mistake. I'm sorry." Irina said. Caius moved to knock Irina's head off.

"No!" Elizabeth shouted out. They all turned to her. "What did you just say?" Caius asked. "You heard me. I said no." Elizabeth growled. "Mom." Alec hissed, warning her. Elizabeth held her hand up, telling him to be quiet. "Well, Aro, if you really practice what you preach, you'll let me have what I want." Elizabeth said. Aro sighed. "Let her go." He said to Caius, and Irina sped over to her sisters. "Jane." Aro said to the blonde guard. He nodded his head at Elizabeth. Jane looked at him in shock. "Jane." He growled. She shook her head before walking over to the Cullens side with Felix, Heidi, and Demetri behind her.

Aro looked at them in disbelief. The Volturi moved forwards. The pack growled at them. "Aro, you see there's no law broken here." Carlisle said. "Agreed." Aro said, angrily. "But does it then follow that there is no danger?" He asked. "For the first time in our history, humans pose a threat to our kind. Their modern technology has given birth to weapons that could destroy us. Maintaining our secret has never been more imperative. In such perilous times, only the known is safe. Only the known is tolerable. And we know nothing of what this child will become. Can we live with such uncertainty?" Aro said.

Jane shuffled closer to Elizabeth and she wrapped an arm around her. "Spare ourselves a fight today, only to die tomorrow." Aro turned back to face the Cullens, their witnesses, the wolves, and his former guards. They all heard footsteps approaching. "Alice." Elizabeth realized. Her and Jasper walked towards the Volturi but were stopped. "My dear, dear Alice. We're so glad to see you here after all." Aro said. "I have evidence the child won't be a risk to our kind. Let me show you." Alice said and held out her hand. "Brother?" Caius said. The guards let Alice through. Aro clasped her hand in his as she showed him his future.

Aro soon pulled away. He looked over to see everyone staring at him. The wolves growled. "Now you know. That's your future. Unless you decide on another course." Alice said. "We cannot alter our course. The child still poses a grave threat." Caius said. "But what if you were sure she could remain concealed from the human world? Could we leave in peace?" Edward asked. "Of course. But that cannot be known." Caius yelled out. "Actually, it can." Edward said. Everyone turned to see two people coming out of the woods.

They approached the Volturi. "I've been searching for witnesses of my own among the Ticuna tribes of Brazil." Alice said. "We have enough witnesses." Caius said. "Let him speak, brother." Aro said. "I am half human, half vampire. Like the child. A vampire seduced my mother, who died giving birth to me. My aunt Hulien raised me as her own. I made her immortal." The man explained. "How old are you?" Bella asked. "A hundred and fifty years." Bella sighed in relief. "At what age did you reach maturity?" Aro asked. "I became full grown seven years after my birth. I have not changed since then."

"And your diet?" "Blood, human food. I can survive on either." "These children are much like us." Marcus spoke up for the first time since they got there. "Regardless, the Cullens have been consorting with werewolves, our natural enemies." Caius said and Embry growled. Elizabeth scratched behind his ears. Aro turned to face the Volturi. "Dear ones, there is no danger here. We will not fight today." He said and then the Volturi left. "We have them on the run. Now is the time to attack." Vladimir said. "Not today." Carlisle said to him.

"You're all fools!" Stefan shouted out. "The Volturi might be gone. But they will never forgive what happened here." The two of them left. Edward hugged Renesmee before pulling Alec into a kiss. Elizabeth turned to Rosalie and Emmett. Rosalie immediately leaned in and kissed her. "I love you." Elizabeth said once she pulled away. She then brought Emmett into a kiss. "And I love you." She turned to Bree, Jane, Heidi, Felix, Demetri, and Alec, who had stopped kissing Edward. "And I love you guys."

                                                                                               ***

Everyone walked through the woods to the Cullen house. Angela came running out with Landon in her arms. "Mommy!" Landon yelled out. Angela passed him to Elizabeth before rushing over to Jacob. "Hi, baby." Elizabeth said and gave him a kiss before passing him to Alice who held her arms out for him. Seth pushed past them. "I gotta pee!" He yelled. Elizabeth giggled. She looked over at everyone. "Elizabeth, you're glowing." Bella said. Elizabeth looked down to see her skin brightening up. "And you have red eyes. Have you been feeding on humans?" Carlisle asked.

Elizabeth shook her head. "No, of course not." She said. "Tell them." Edward said with a smirk on his face. Seth ran back outside. "Hey, guys. Does anyone wanna explain why there was a positive pregnancy test in the bathroom?" He asked. Everyone turned to look at Angela. She shook her head. "It's not mine." Rosalie and Emmett turned to face Elizabeth. "Surprise." She said. "What?" Emmett asked. "Are you serious?" Rosalie exclaimed. Elizabeth nodded. "I'm pregnant." She said.

"How did this happen?" Emmett asked. Elizabeth gave him a look. "Emmett, do I really need to explain how babies are made?" She asked. Emmett shook his head. "I mean, how is it possible?" He asked. "It's part of her gift." Eleazar said from behind them. "Oh my God." Rosalie said, lifting Elizabeth into a hug. "We're gonna have a baby." Rosalie whispered. Elizabeth nodded. "Yeah. We are."