ii. the union of edward cullen and bella swan

Elizabeth knocked on the door of Edward's bedroom. "Can I come in?" She asked, peeking her head around the door. Edward nodded. Emmett walked towards her. "You look beautiful." He said, placing his hands on her hips and kissing her. "That seems a bit simple for a bridesmaids dress, though." He said. "It's a robe." Elizabeth told him before she turned to Landon. He was going to be the ring bearer. "Hi, handsome." She said as he ran and hugged her legs. "Hi, Mommy? Do you like my suit?" The almost three year old asked. "Yes, I do." She said, picking him up.

She turned to look at Edward who looked conflicted. "Can we have a minute?" She asked Edward and Jasper. They nodded. "Okay, go with Daddy." Elizabeth said, handing Landon to Emmett. They left the room and Elizabeth turned to Edward. "Don't do this, Edward. You'll both be miserable." She said. Edward shook his head. "It's better to be miserable together than alone." He said. Elizabeth shook her head. "No, it's not." She said. "You guys don't love each other. She may act like she does, but I know my sister. Ever since she met Riley, her feelings have changed. It seems like the two of you are only doing this because you have to."

Edward shook his head again. "No, that's not it. I love Bella. Bella loves me. We're going to get married." He said, trying to convince himself that he was doing the right thing. Elizabeth placed her hands on his arms. She straightened up his bow tie. "Edward, you're my brother, and I love you. But stop lying to yourself." She said and left the room.

                                                                                                   ***

Everyone stood up and watched as Bella walked down the aisle with Charlie. Elizabeth felt tears brim in her eyes. Despite not agreeing with this marriage, Bella was her sister, and she looked absolutely beautiful. Bella walked past all of her family, and friends, the pack, and Cullens, eyes only trained on Edward. They stopped in front of him and Charlie kissed Bella on the cheek. He handed her off to Edward. The priest gestured for everyone to sit down and they did. "Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here on this glorious day to witness the union of Edward Cullen and Bella Swan." He said.

"Now, if anyone objects to this union, please speak now or forever hold your peace." Elizabeth turned around, hoping someone would show up. He didn't. "Okay." The priest said and Elizabeth sighed and shook her head. Rosalie grabbed onto her hand and Emmett grabbed onto her thigh. The priest turned to Edward. "Please, repeat after me. 'I, Edward Cullen'." Edward repeated it. "'Take you, Bella Swan'." Edward repeated it. "'To have and to hold'." Elizabeth tuned them out. She always found weddings to be a bit boring. "May I have the rings, please?" The priest asked, and Landon got up from Esme's lap and ran up to the front.

He handed the priest the rings before running back over. Edward and Bella exchanged the rings. "I do." Edward said. "I do." Bella said. "I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Edward and Bella kissed. Elizabeth cringed. They were basically eating each other in front of everyone. Everyone clapped when they pulled away. They all stood up ad Edward and Bella walked back down the aisle.

                                                                                                     ***

Rosalie and Emmett dragged Elizabeth over to a group of other vampires. "Elizabeth, these are our cousins from Alaska. Eleazar, Carmen, Kate, Tanya, and Irina." Rosalie introduced. "Welcome to the family." Carmen said, kissing Elizabeth on the cheek. "Thank you." Elizabeth looked over to see Tanya looking over at Landon who was on Billy's lap. Elizabeth furrowed her eyebrows. "Landon is Tanya's mate." Edward said, coming over with Bella. Elizabeth smiled, happy that she found someone that would keep her son safe.

They looked over to see Irina staring at the pack. "They invited them." She said. "They're a part of our family." Elizabeth said. They looked over to see Bree kissing Quil's cheek. "They killed Laurent." Irina said. "He tried to kill Bella. Besides, Laurent wasn't your mate." Edward said. "Your real mate is over there." He said, looking over at Charlie who stared at them. Irina shook her head. "I can't do this." She said and left. "Wait, you mean our dad?" Elizabeth questioned Edward after. He nodded. "I need a drink." Elizabeth said and walked off.

Mike, Jessica, Eric, and Angela approached her at the drink table. "So, Elizabeth, is Bella pregnant?" Jessica asked. "What? No." Elizabeth responded. "See, Jess, I told you." Angela said. Jessica nodded. "Are you?" Elizabeth choked on her drink. "Definitely not." She said, coughing. Jessica, Mike, and Eric all left. Angela wrapped her arm around Elizabeth. "So, where's Jacob?" Elizabeth asked. Angela nodded over to where Jacob was with the rest of the pack besides Quil and Embry. Elizabeth noticed Embry sitting by himself and went to walk over to him when Emmett tapped on the microphone on the stage.

"Is this on?" Everyone sat down at their assigned tables. "Hello? Umm, I'd like to propose a toast. To Bella. Bella, I hope you've gotten enough sleep these last eighteen years. Because you won't be getting any more for a while." Emmett said. Everyone took that differently than what Emmett meant. Charlie looked over to Elizabeth who blushed and turned away. Jessica took the stage next. "Well, Bella was just like everybody else, totally mesmerized by Edward. Or 'The Hair', as I call him." She said. "Um, and then suddenly... Edward is all about Bella." She continued.

"Even though she's not the captain of the volleyball team. Or the president of the student council." "You jealous?" Elizabeth yelled out. Jessica's face turned red and she ran off the stage. Charlie was next. "Edward will be a good husband. I know this because I am a cop. I know things. Like how to hunt somebody to the ends of the Earth. And I know how to use a gun." Renee was up next and she badly sang a song that she used to sing to the twins when they were babies.

Elizabeth cringed. Renee got down off the stage and pushed Elizabeth up there. "Uh, I didn't know I was gonna be doing a speech. So, I don't have anything prepared." Elizabeth said and everyone laughed. "So, I'm just gonna say one thing. Congratulations." She said awkwardly before rushing back to the Cullen table. She sat down next to Emmett and he wrapped an arm around her. Edward took the stage. "It's an extraordinary thing... to meet someone who you can bare your soul to. And will accept you for what you are." He started off, and Elizabeth could easily tell this was not a speech to Bella. It was to Alec, all the way in Volterra.

"I've been waiting what seems like a very long time to get beyond what I am. And with Bella... I feel like I can finally begin. So I'd like to propose a toast to my beautiful bride. No measure of time with you will be long enough. But let's start with forever." He finished off and everyone clinked their glasses together.