chapter five (one step higher)

Strong-walls , a tech company known for inventing household gadgets, wanted chukwuma. They heard about him through an upcoming blogger. Nonso Didi.
Nonso Didi, who happened to be one the neighbors that resided in chukwuma's neighborhood. She came into the limelight because chukwuma was discovered through her blog.
She attended Top-hill's last send off party, only because chukwuma wanted an escort while they walked a long distance to the school, they weren't broke but nonso loved exploring every single thing she came across - weather it was going to add value to her or not. All she wanted was to gather every single information for her blog and chukwuma was okay with it.
Nonso Didi, a twenty years old lady that lives with her father, her mother died when she was ten and ever since then, she became a blogger.
Often times, chukwuma wondered. Because, none of it made sense, he tried to understand how losing a mother could make someone pick up a career. "what could actually be the connection?"
This question crumpled his mind all the time, when nonso introduced herself would introduce herself as a full time blogger to someone.
They was always this strong urge to ask her; why blogging? But his mouth never seemed to open as far as he already thought about it.
But he was never scared to ask what her previous dream was.
It was more interesting to find out why someone with a strong determined spirit of becoming footballer suddenly want to write all day because of losing a loved one. Chukwuma didn't give it much thought, he couldn't even imagine losing his mother.
But, Nonso Didi was more preferable for the footballer.
Most of nonso's friends saw her as insensitive, some said; she was trapped in a soul tie with her mother, the reason nonso did it was unknown to no one, even her father, so chukwuma let it be.

**** **** **** **** ****

Chukwuma wondered why his parents were not being plain whenever he brought up an issue that involved nonso, instead they wanted him to be a slave to the barrister's commands. He had no issues with the barrister but all rights still remained nonso's.

Another day at school. The barrister invited chukwuma to his office, he was curious to know why nonso had to be part of his success story. She was futile, he wouldn't be able to fetch the amount of money that he aimed for.
One of the reasons why Top-hill wasn't any bit popular was because barrister Harrison was so stingy to the core, he was one of those billionaires that hated the press, anything media irritated him.
Even at his hometown, he wasn't respected. He hailed from a community where money and generosity was an easy way to earn the people's respect, off course barrister Harrison was in possession of the qualities yet he choose to be seen as incapable.
His old mother was tired of complaining, he promised her a new house ever since his father's passing and up to the present moment he was yet to set up blocks.

"Good morning, sir" chukwuma greeted, making his way into the barrister's office, barrister Harrison lifted his face which he focused on a document that seemed important because of how his eye bags were so squeezed, releasing only the pupil, with the help of his glasses.
He looked at chukwuma with an obvious fake smile that exposed his tooth that were not worthy of envy, they were stained with brown particles.

"Morning, my scientist," the barrister replied, as they shook hands.

"How have you been?" The barrister asked, chukwuma responded very lively.
"How about your friend?" Asked , the barrister, again.

Chukwuma obviously began to think, barrister Harrison knows he doesn't keep friends, however Eze was an ally to him, a very close one but the barrister had never, for once, regarded Eze. So he decided to ask,

"Which of my fr...

" How long have you known her?", The barrister asked, cutting in.

Just then, chukwuma came to the realization. Nonso Didi was no longer safe.