Chapter 7

Mayhaps it was because they were under water which kind of lessened germs sometimes, except pools were filled with them, or mayhaps because his heart had always secretly longed for the blond but either way, he didn't feel repulsed that Miya Fucking Atsumu was kissing him under the water.

He wasn’t repulsed that his loud, dirty, messy, crybaby, best friend was kissing him underwater. He wasn’t repulsed that one of his bare thighs was being squished and mayhaps, his heart was finally opening its barriers to wrap his best friend in its confines and never let him go.

Their mouths didn't move, lips only pressed firmly against each other as they began running out of breath because if they were something like mermaids, they would probably remain underwater where they wouldn't be seen.

But like all living things, oxygen was a must and surprisingly, it was Atsumu that needed the air more than Kiyoomi did but never would he complain out loud that they had to separate so quickly.

Upwards they went and they gasped, Kiyoomi immediately dashing away from the blond as wolf whistles went up around them. Okay, so being a mermaid wouldn’t have saved them from being seen.

"LOOK AT THAT! ATSUMU FINALLY GOT HIS MAN!" Bokuto yelled, his normally spiked-up hair lying flat and dishevelled.

"Like hell he did," Kiyoomi hissed, his face red which didn't go unnoticed.

"TSUMU YOUR OMI IS RED AS HELL!"

"Omi? Where're ya goin'?" Atsumu called, leaning against the edge of the pool as the male pulled on his shades and draped a towel over his head, mask coming on shortly after.

"Getting dressed then going home. Where I should've been all day."

"I'll join ya!"

"No!"

But it was fruitless because Atsumu was already speeding to his belongings while throwing half-assed apologies at his teammates. He really didn't know what he was planning on doing after self-inviting himself to Kiyoomi's house. And Kiyoomi himself had no clue how to reject the blond. Especially not after that kiss.

It'd probably be awkward if Kiyoomi's mind suddenly began overthinking, began trying to figure out if Atsumu was just fucking around or if he was serious, if he began thinking to the point that he made himself believe that he actually hated it or, if it were something he wouldn't mind doing again.

Deep down in the pool it had seemed, almost inviting but what if it was just the lack of oxygen getting to his brain? What if it really was only because the water was supposed to make you clean? What if it was just pure human instinct to lean into a kiss? He had never done that before but all he knew was that Miya Fucking Atsumu fucking stole his first damn kiss and he couldn't even complain because he liked it and he liked those horribly strong arms that had fit around his waist almost snuggly and that stray hand that had crept down to grab his thigh.

He had truly no complaints which was worse than he thought because now, he couldn't even bring himself to hate the blond Miya Twin as much as he wanted to.

"Don't stress it," Atsumu just about purred, sliding a hand around Kiyoomi's waist. "Unless yer stressin' it 'cause ya want more. Then feel free to ask."

"Miya Number One, I will kick your ass if you hint at that again!"

"Aww, Omi-Omi, don't be shy," Atsumu teased as Kiyoomi pushed his arm off with a newly gloved hand.

See, the main difference was that Kiyoomi just couldn't bare such things openly and would visibly shrink away or deny affection whereas Atsumu was the opposite and would panic internally but externally pretend to be confident. Kiyoomi rejecting him was a big fear but he got through it by simply pretending that he had balls of steel.

It had never been like that. He was always confident from the first day of school but feelings change, minds grow, hormones make you panic and really, Atsumu found himself with a huge fucking crush on Sakusa Kiyoomi. More than he ever thought possible.

It was to the point that sometimes Atsumu found himself fantasizing about the possibility that if Kiyoomi had joined the volleyball team, they could be together on the court at all times and not just that but he'd be able to witness him getting dressed, covered in sweat, fresh after a shower, determined and confident.

Sports were an excellent opportunity to get to know someone which was what Atsumu had hoped would happen during their lives but Kiyoomi had changed career paths and he was now stuck to doing it the old-fashioned way. Asking and showing genuine interest instead of through court tension and getting answers by finding out through someone else on the team who could've potentially asked before him.

"Miya, you're supposed to be with your teammates. I'm supposed to be going home and sleeping, exactly where I belong."

They were at the vehicle now, Kiyoomi standing at the driver's side door with hands on his hips, hair covering his eyes partially as Atsumu craved to reach out and push them out of the way. He wanted to thread his fingers through the curly hair and have him lean into his giant palm like a cat, just like how he had done on the first day at the grand opening of Kiyoomi’s store.

Kiyoomi may have been just an inch or two taller but really, Atsumu saw him smaller. He was just too damn pretty and delicate behind his walls.

"How 'bout to you massage me? I'll pay ya if ya want."

It was sudden. It was kind of weird. But hey, Kiyoomi was in the industry and he couldn't just outright reject a customer. A regular customer to be exact which was exactly what Atsumu was and to make the entire situation worse than he thought, the blond was offering to pay but really, Kiyoomi didn't want payment.

He kind of wanted an excuse to touch Atsumu's back while pretending to be professional, he wanted to run his hands all over without restraint and knead into his muscles without having an intimate reason why. He couldn't actually reject that and so with a sigh, he agreed.

But see, massages were sometimes done with gloved hands which was what Kiyoomi really liked but now, he wanted to feel skin on skin, no latex to separate them. It was flesh to flesh with a thin layer of oil that kept the process easier.

And so Atsumu found himself face down on a massaging table, effleurages going up and down his back and he wanted to sigh out loud at how nice it felt. Kiyoomi’s hands were large. Large, warm, strong but sturdy, and so pretty. It was almost unfair but Atsumu loved them.