Chapter 15

Matt's POV

I was at work when I got a call from Francisca's school about a fight she was apparently involved in.

I'm currently in my car on my way and extremely confused and so mad! Mostly mad.

This has never happened before. Are her brothers a bad influence or something? The woman who called failed to provide any details she just said that Fran was involved.

Soon enough I reach the school and head to the principal's office. Once I reach just outside it I see Zachary Hill. Francisca's father. Just about to enter the principals office himself.

God this is gonna be awkward. Nerve raking even.

I hope this goes okay.

I soon follow Zachary Hill into the office.

*sighs* let's get this over with.

Zachary's POV

When I first got a call about a fight I thought Ivan got into trouble again but to my surprise Dan was the one that instigated the fight. Which was so unlike him.

I get inside the principal's office to see 5 kids sitting in front of him.

4 boys including my own and a girl. I quickly scan each of them to asses the situation.

One of the boys who has blonde hair and blue eyes. has some swelling in his eye that's gonna turn black I'm sure and his nose seems to be in pretty bad shape but nothing too bad.

The other brunette boy however, looks pretty bad. His whole face just shattered is the only way to describe this.

Dan looks to be in pretty bad shape too but not worse than the others, he seems to be the one who gave the most hits and not received.

Ivan has a bleeding nose.

Then I go to look at the girl who was already looking at me with wide eyes.

I raise my eyebrows at her in question and she immediately averts her eyes and turn around looking at her hands that are in her lap.

She doesn't seem to be injured or anything, just a  small bump on the nose but she does seem.....oddly familiar.

There are also adults other than the principal who seem to be the guardians of the 2 other boys.

A young woman who seems to be in her late twenties was fussing over the blonde kid, she had the same blonde hair and blue eyes as the kid, too young to be his mom, so I'm guessing older sister.

The other two adult women were speaking with the principal referring to the brunette kid as their son. From what I heard of the conversation it seems like they were trying to figure out the whole story from the principal but of course my entrance had interrupted everything.

"Mr Hill" the principal says. "So glad you could join us" I nod my head and start speaking.

"What exactly happened here Charlie?" I ask. Glancing at my sons.

"That's what we're trying to figure out" one of the women talking to the principal spat. She seems angry and upset, I guess that's fair, I'm used to one of my sons constantly getting into fights so I guess that's why I'm not as mad.

Just when the principal — Charlie — was about to speak the door opened once more to reveal a man. I'm guessing the girl's father. He looked upset too and also a hint of nervousness?

"Mr Parker!" Charlie says with a relieved smile. "Now we can start" he continues. Mr Parker as Charlie called him nods and heads towards the girl who is smiling nervously at him. He puts his hands on her shoulder and squeezes gently.