Chapter 6

Ivan's POV

While I'm eating, Clair can't for the life of her stop talking.

I don't know who told her that being this clingy when were are not even in a relationship is cute because it definitely isn't.

She keeps touching me in inappropriate places and I normally wouldn't care but honestly I am debating reminding her that we're at freaking school and not a freaking night club.

"Would you stop fucking touching me, Clair I'm trying to eat here" I say gritting my teeth.

She immediately stops and her face reddens in embarrassment while others at the table snicker.

I am eating my food when I look at Daniel eating opposite me and inhaling his own.

We make eye contact and he sees the look of disgust on my face when we hear a commotion at the other end of the cafeteria.

Both Dan and I look over at the commotion and see a girl I haven't seen around school before arguing with Ashley Ross I think her name is and Clair's sister on the ground.

Looks like the new girl is defending Violet.

I look over at Clair kind of expecting her to go to her little sister but she looks conflicted. Like she's unsure wether she should go stick up for her sister or not. Sadly, this isn't the first time this happened. Violet was bullied a lot last year too and Clair would always just do nothing.

I will never get how she can just sit there and do nothing while her sister is in pain.

However, it looks like Ashley is backing off and the new girl is sitting with Violet now. That's good.

I look over at Clair again and see her continuing to eat her food and I shake my head in disappointment. Clair never fails to disappoint.

If I saw my sister getting bullied I'd make the life of whoever bullied her a living hell. And I would not hesitate, I wouldn't look conflicted, I'd...protect her.

But I can't do that, all I can do is hope that she's okay out there.

Francisca's POV
*after school*

Violet already left a few minutes ago, I asked her for her number and she hesitantly gave it to me, she told me that having a friend is kind of new to her before she left, she asked to bear with her, but I honestly had no issue at all.

I had no friends until Lori and Jenny, and I'm excited to get to know her better.

Right now though I'm waiting for Matt to come pick me up while also kind of sort of hiding from my brothers and by hiding I mean leaning against the school wall and watching the doors for when my brothers get out.

I am also kind of hoping to see dad come pick them up too.

I'm "hiding" and then I see Ivan and Daniel getting out. I swear to god, I feel myself stop breathing.

I quickly turn around so I now can only hear their voices.

I hear Ivan sigh and say "why don't you wipe that grin of your face,Dan". Ivan says.

"I'm just excited for dinner with dad today" I hear Dan say while chuckling.

There is a pause and then Ivan speaks again.

"Dad rarely eats dinner with us, I wouldn't get my hopes up". Ivan says.

What is Ivan taking about? Why not?

"Dad said he's trying to do better remember?" Dan says.

"You don't actually believe that do you?" Ivan says.