49.

In the final days leading up to the battle, I immersed myself in relentless training, both mentally and physically. Apollo had provided me with a practice sword, its weight noticeably different from the one I had wielded under Ares' tutelage, yet it felt right in my grasp.

While swords might not be our weapon of choice in the impending conflict, I couldn't afford to place blind trust in any of the gods to adhere to fair play. Especially not Hera. If not for her meddling, I would've had a far greater chance of defeating Sven.

Despite my progress in training without Eris, there remained an uncertainty regarding the combination of a cherub and a witch being sufficient to overcome a seraph.

Remiel claimed it leveled the playing field, but we couldn't be certain. The discrepancy lay in the additional abilities I had acquired from fairies: elemental magic.

I was banking on the hope that Sven wouldn't be able to match me in those aspects. However, my three forms provided no definitive answers, leaving me in a state of uncertainty.

With Apollo and Amphid at my side, we soared through the sky toward the supernatural kingdom, bypassing the labyrinthine tangle of dense forests that would only complicate our journey on the ground.

As we approached our destination, the signs of an ongoing war between the light and dark supernaturals became increasingly evident, heightening the ever-present risk of ambush that loomed over us.

Amphid assessed the sun as we took off. "We'll be there in an hour."

Apollo yawned and flipped himself over, lying on his back and flying blindly headfirst. Though I was impressed, I told him what a stupid idea it was.

"Are you not scared of falling or crashing into anything?"

He peeked over at me with one eye. "No. Not really. Even if that happens, where's the fun in thinking like that?"

I smiled at him. Sometimes I forgot how much of a childish, irresponsible god he was. Apollo winked at me, crossed his arms, and fell asleep.

"Amphid, are you feeling nervous?" I asked her, my tone filled with empathy.

"I'm always on edge, master. I try to maintain a brave front for both of us. I don't want to burden you."

I nodded. "That makes sense. Well, thank you for being brave for us, Amphid. You've done well as my pixie."

With a smile, she forged ahead, guiding our path. My gaze shifted toward the heavens, where the sun and moon danced side by side, drawing nearer with each passing moment. A lump formed in my throat as I absorbed the sight. Within me, I could sense the presence of all my forms, each one awake and alert.

"I confess," I began, addressing my internal companions, "I'm filled with a mix of excitement and nerves." I paused, feeling the weight of their presence within me. "And as much as I enjoy flying, it can be quite painful at times."

As fatigue began to weigh on my fairy wings, their muscles aflame, I couldn't help but express my discomfort.

Poppy's voice interjected with a helpful suggestion. "You can combine Remiel's wings with mine."

My eyebrows furrowed. "I can do that?"

"You can pick and choose which forms you want to use together, remember?" Isidore hummed in agreement.

I shut my eyes and felt my fairy wings morph partially into angel wings. Lift improved and flying became easier, as I could glide instead of constantly flapping.

We landed an hour later at the entrance of the supernatural kingdom. Two guards—an angel and a fairy—stood on each side, just like the guards at Iris' kingdom.