17.

Though Apollo had long been released from the god command, he remained rooted in place, immobile and trapped by his own emotions.

Apollo's eyes, but beneath that fear was a spark of love and adoration. In stark contrast, Zeus wore an expression of sheer terror, a reaction that resonated perfectly with my intentions.

"I won't end your life, and don't mistake it for mercy simply because you're the father of the man I hold dear," I declared, my voice firm and unwavering. "You will bear the personal responsibility of ensuring that no further injustices befall witches. Should any transgressions occur, I shall personally oversee the reckoning."

I allowed Zeus the ability to speak but restrained the rest of his body. Locking my gaze with his, I demanded clarity, "Am I understood, Zeus?"

"Loud and clear," Zeus confirmed.

I released him from the grip of the god command, and he scurried into the palace. I shifted my gaze toward Apollo, only to find him still engulfed in a state of profound shock.

I rushed to him, embracing him tightly. As we held each other, tears of gold cascaded from his eyes.

"I don't know how to feel about everything, but I don't care."

"Apollo, I love you. I'm sorry you had to turn against your father for me."

"I love you more, Aggie. If that's what it took to prove to you that I'm sticking by you, then so be it."

I smiled at him then remembered about Eris. I didn't know how the whole goddess form thing worked yet.

Eris spoke to me. "When you were an infant, you fell ill after your father departed the kingdom with you. He made a blood sacrifice to Hecate in hopes of healing you, but unfortunately, she couldn't bring you back to health. It was Nyx who saved you because my god soul allowed you to live."

"Thank you for explaining Eris," I answered inside my head.

"Aggie? Aggie!" Apollo called me.

"Sorry! I was talking to Eris."

"I heard. Thank you for protecting Agatha, Eris."

I allowed Eris to control my body.

"You're welcome, fake sun god, Apollo." She bowed toward him.

"Fa-fake sun god?" He spluttered in shock.

"Helios is the true sun god. Never forget the existence of the titan gods before you. Know your rightful place," Eris said before giving me back control.

"Are you okay, Apollo?"

"Yeah. Uh. I'm not that offended. I'm the god of so many other things too. I'm the god of music, poetry, art, prophecy, truth, archery, plague, healing, light, and the sun." He smirked at me.

I gave him a quizzical look.

"So, shouldn't you have been able to see that I was nearly going to die? Or what my destiny holds for me?"

"I'm not the fates. I see symbols of things I can't interpret. If a cockroach jumps onto me, does that mean you're barging into my life uninvited? Talk about rudeness!"

"Dumbass," Eris muttered.

She went dormant after that. I guess she didn't want to hear anything more from Apollo. He changed the subject.

"Do you think you still need training from Ares?"

"Yes. This isn't Eris' fight. It's mine. Had I not been so weak, she wouldn't have had to force control over me to save us."