𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞.

𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐲.
𝐋𝐢𝐳𝐳𝐢𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Robbie I really don't have time for this." I said as I grabbed my bag and phone off the table. "You never have time for anything, Lizzie, but hey, what's new? Nothing. Just fucking leave." He said as he walked back up the stairs of my home. I sighed as I took my keys out of my purse and headed out to my car to get to the office.

It took me a bit longer to get to the agency since I stopped to get breakfast. I didn't want to be in the house with Robbie any longer this morning so I left without getting anything to eat.

As I walked into the building, I said hello to some of my coworkers and friends before heading up to my office. "Lizzie, I put some files on your desk, and you had a call from Dr. Davies that came in about an hour ago." I nodded thanking Denise.

I let out a deep breath as I looked at the stacks of folders on my desk. I'm in for a long day already. Getting back into the swing of things has been the daunting task.

I took a step back from acting a little while ago to focus on my personal life seeing as my mental health was dwindling, mostly due to Robbie. It was getting hard to hide the bruises from the makeup crew on the sets I was on and I just couldn't handle doing that job at the time.

Aside from my current relationship issues, I had started to miss being a social worker. Before I really started acting, I was a social worker and worked to place kids in foster homes and try to get them adopted. Most of my cases were kids who were either left by their parents, their parents or guardians went to prison or, the sad cases where their parent or guardian passed away.

This job can be just as challenging at times due to the emotional ties that come with it but, there's nothing like the smiles on the kids faces when they finally find a home where someone actually wants them and appreciates them. This is my first week back and I was given some new cases along with some of my old ones that I passed along to one of my good friends before I started acting again.

I started working my way through the pile through the day, making phone calls all day long and it was pretty late into the evening at this point. I finally reached the bottom and there her name was. Y/n Reece.

Y/n and her brother Kyler were the first case I'd ever worked. Y/n and I grew close over the years. I hated the path that she started to go down and did everything in my power to steer her clear from that. I opened her file to see what happened to her while I was gone when I see the arrest records and notes my friend Aubrey wrote in.

Petty Theft.
Aggravated assault.
Possession of a firearm.
Possession of drugs.
Distribution of drugs.
Motor vehicle theft.
Vandalism.

The list continued to go on and I immediately kept looking through her file. I then turned to my computer looking up her little brother Kyler who was in a home with one of our longest foster families. Darcy Finnegan has taken in a lot of kids over the years, adopting a few of them but always opening up her doors for more to be there temporarily. I guess Y/n and Kyler got separated after I left. I had a feeling she'd go down a darker path than she was already on but, I didn't know it'd be this bad.

As I conintued to check into their files and catch up on what's gone on with the two, Denise knocked on my office door. "What's up?" I asked as I looked up from my papers. "Line 2 is for you." I nodded thanking her picking up the phone. "Hello?" I spoke.

"Hi, is this Elizabeth Olsen?" The man asked. "Yes who is this?"

"Hi, I'm Wayne Quincy, Y/n Reece's parole officer, I wanted to let you know I'm on my way to pick her up from Hollis Rhodes Cafe right now if you wanted to meet me there. Seems like she got into some trouble, just received a call from Manny."