3 : "Isn't it beautiful?"

I opened my eyes to a cool breeze blowing in through my cracked window. I turned and looked at my clock realizing I thankfully woke up on time. Carolina and David should already be on their way to my house and I wasn't ready at all. I sprung out of bed and rushed to the bathroom and did my morning routine. Brushed my teeth, took a shower, put on some concealer, and did my hair. Yes, I wear light makeup, I'm not ashamed.

I heard rumbling coming from downstairs. I assumed my parents were busy with cleaning. I headed down hoping to smell some breakfast. "Morning" I smiled at my mom.

"Buenos dias, dormi bien?"

"Como un bebe" I lied to her. Last night I kept waking up, tossing and turning. There was a lot on my mind but still, it wasn't significant enough for me to lose much sleep--again I barely knew the guy.

A sudden knock at the door caught my mom's attention. I rushed to the door and opened it with a big smile. "Hey Guys, morning." I hugged my friends and invited them in.
    My mom gave a warm smile and welcomed my two friends into the house. "Can I get you guys anything? Ken's dad is making some pancakes. He's definitely making enough for us all."

"No thank you" Carolina smiled sincerely. "I just had breakfast before I came."

"I did also but I hope it's not too much to ask for some water," David said, shuffling his way into a comfy position on the couch.

"It's not a problem." My dad came out from the kitchen with a bottle of water and handed it to David. "I'm Kendall's dad."

"Nice to meet you guys, I'm David, and that's Carolina." They introduced themselves.

I couldn't help but grin at how polite they were.

"You kids are really polite." My mom read my mind.

"Thanks!" Lina smiled brightly as her eyes lit up. "So Mrs. Flores you're not all unpacked yet? These guys haven't been helping you out?" Lina raised a brow. She was obviously a strong girl.

My mom laughed. "They help as much as I expect them to."

"And it's a lot," I jokingly whispered.
    "Don't listen to him." My mom shuffled her way into the recliner opposite of them.

This was one of those parents meeting your friends to make sure they're good kids and won't get their son into any trouble moments. I won't lie and say I wasn't nervous . . . but my parents have always trusted my judgment and it honestly hasn't steered me wrong before. My friends in Cali I knew since preschool. I was the one who spoke to them first and we've grown up together since. I miss them a lot.

"How was life in California?" David added into the conversation
    "Oh, honestly I loved it, hot weather all year round was amazing" she paused. "But I left some family behind so that was pretty tough."
    "What family do you have there?" David asked. "If you don't mind me asking." He sat up almost as if it piqued his interest.
    "Well not a lot, my sister and her son Michael My parents passed away very early so we basically raised each other"

"Oh, that does seem hard. Of course, you've struggled a lot but I have to say you came out pretty well, and it seems like you built a fantastic life" Carolina friendly smiled at her.

"Were you guys born here?" I added into the conversation realizing I had never asked them.

"Well, I have lived here all my life," Carolina said "I was born here but my parents are Brazilian and Chilean"

"I have been here for about twelve years now. My family and I moved here from Massachusetts after my grandpa passed away" David answered. "But after getting here my parents passed away and I was taken into care by the most amazing foster family" David gave a warm smile and I knew he was comfortable with sharing his story.