chapter 1

When I was five years old, I lost my mom

When I was five years old, I lost my mom. She passed away from an illness, and I didn't have the opportunity to live with her, get to know her, or hear her talk or laugh. It was a tragic loss that left me feeling empty and alone. But my dad's love and affection never made me feel her separation. He was everything in my life. He was the mother and the father for me, and he did an incredible job of raising me all on his own. He was working as a lawyer, and now he is a judge. I am very proud of him because he was able to achieve his dream. He worked hard to provide for me and always put my needs first. He was my rock, my support system, and my best friend.

Growing up, I always had a passion for writing. It was something that I inherited from my mom. She was a talented writer, and I always felt a connection to her through her words.

I knew that I wanted to become a writer like her someday. While my dad was supportive of my dreams, he always encouraged me to pursue a more practical career.

He wanted me to have financial stability and security. But I couldn't ignore the feeling inside me that was urging me to follow my passion.

I couldn't find a time to continue writing my novel, as I was always busy with school and work. But I knew that I couldn't let my dream die. I made a promise to myself that I would finish it someday, no matter how long it took.

I would carve out time in my busy schedule to write, even if it was just a few minutes a day. I knew that writing was my calling, and I couldn't ignore it any longer.

This was my perfect life. I had a supportive father who loved me unconditionally, a career that I was passionate about, and a dream that I was determined to achieve. While I missed my mom dearly, I knew that she was with me in spirit, guiding me along the way. I was grateful for the life that I had, and I knew that I had the strength to overcome any obstacle that came my way.

I glanced up at the clock hanging on the wall and noticed that it was already 12:30 pm. After using the bathroom, I went back to bed and lay down.

The softness of the mattress and the coolness of the sheets were a welcome relief from the anxiety and fear that had gripped me earlier.

I looked around the room and saw three books on the floor: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, and Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel. They were my favorite books, but I couldn't understand how they got here. I also saw a notebook and a pencil, but I didn't know what they were for.

I felt a wave of panic wash over me. I didn't know where I was or how I got here. All I knew was that I was hungry and scared. I thought about my dad and wondered what he would do without me. I imagined him crying and afraid, wondering where I was. I wanted to call him, but I didn't have my phone with me.

I sat down on the bed and tried to calm myself down. I picked up the notebook and started to write down my thoughts. I wrote about how scared I was and how I didn't know what was happening.