Chapter 15

"What? What happened now??" I asked with an annoyed but serious tone. What did she say? I knew she was coming around too fast just for something so little. Did she say something weird? Did Zane change his mind about me? And just when I was starting to have feelings for him.

I began panicking and tried pushing her aside, only to be met with her hands on my shoulders. I looked at her to see her face shaking side to side. "He's still out there waiting for you," she reassured.

"The thing that I was acting weird about was that he found out my secret and I was just surprised. Don't worry, nothings wrong with you guy's relationship." I sighed in relief at her words. That was the last thing I wanted to happen.

"But what secret are you talking about?" I'm pretty sure I knew all of them, and she never felt ashamed or guilty about the things she does.

"THE secret. You know, the one about my sex life ," she said as if it was obvious. But yeah, I did know of that one. I remember when we had just moved in together when i found out her secret.

Most of both of our boxes were still on the floor in the empty living room and, like dummies, we mixed them altogether during the moving process. The thing was though, I had forgotten to write my name on every box and so did Kora. So we were going through boxes on the floor, trying to figure out who's what, when i came across a very innocent box. I opened it and there was a lot of non-innocent... gadgets. After I gawked at what was in the box, Kora looked over to see what it was that I could possibly be surprised at. She looked up from the box with a flushed face and told me why she had it.

Apparently, she lived a bdsm lifestyle. I didn't really know everything about that. She told me more about it but I didn't really get invested in the topic back then because it was a weird subject. I did have some thoughts on it though.

"Kade?" She shook my shoulders a bit.

"Huh?" I said, returning from my thoughts.

"Do you like him? Like, really like him?" She asked with a serious tone. I fidgeted a bit before deciding to tell her.

"Y-yes. I didn't tell him yet because I was scared it was gonna be like... last time. And you know when I fall, I fall hard. I just don't want to get hurt again," I said lowly, hoping where ever Zane was, he didn't hear.

"I understand. But I hope you give him a chance, he seems like he really likes you. Honestly. I had a little talk with him and he's a good one! I won't forgive him if he hurts you though!" she said happily with a loving but deadly look in her eyes.

"Aren't you gonna go with him now or whatever? He's been waiting the whole time for you," she said, trying to tease me.

"Ok, ok. I'm coming," I huffed. I walked out to the living room with Kora behind me to find Zane, still sitting in the same spot. He looked up from his phone and his overpowering eyes immediately stared straight into him. Before roaming them all over my body, of course.

"You look wonderful, Love," he said smoothly with his deep voice. My body tingled from his voice and the thought of him accepting my outfit for the day. He always made me get this weird, but good feeling.

"So are y'all hitting the road and getting out of here, or what?" She said after we had been staring at each other for a bit. Zane got up and walked over to me. He put his arm around my waist where it seemed to be it's home.

"Yes," he answered Kora. "We're leaving now. I'll meet you again, Kora." He smiled. We walked over to the door and left after turning and waving to Kora.

"So what were you guys talking about?" I asked. I really wanted to know what could've changed Kora's mind so fast. She wasn't the type you could persuade easily.

"Hmm, well, you'll know later on," he said smirking. I was about to press for more but the elevator opened and he pulled me into his side even more as we walked out, causing me to blush yet again. But it's fine. I liked surprises when I knew there was a surprise.

I felt eyes on me again as we walked to Zane's car. I looked around nervously. I felt it a few times ever since moving here, but it always seemed to be my imagination. "Are you alright?" Zane asked, worry lacing his tone.

"Yea. It's n-nothing," I said as I climbed in the car. It would be fine, we have a whole day together! I'll enjoy it while I can.