Day Eight: Part Three

A/N : As promised I am going to do a little Q&A for you guys as long as I don't spoil anything in the chapter or in future chapters 😅

Q : Why Genesis?

A : I know a lot of you are wondering why I titled the novella Genesis. You probably don't think it's creative enough 😅 No seriously I had someone say that in a review. But the thing is, the title is metaphoric in nature. I'm not going to give my books titles that spoil the whole book. I use metaphors because to me they are a beautiful twist.

Now Genesis is the first book of the Christian bible. It has stories about how the world, how mankind came to be. In essence it is the narration of the beginning of mankind.

In that light, I named my book Genesis because it's supposed to be a tale of the beginning, not of mankind, but of the mankind's destruction. Or extinction. Whichever is your preference.

Because you know you the world is about to end when you create your own predator 😁.

So, what do you think of the title? Pretty slick right 😄

Word count →_→ 1366 words

☣️☣️☣️

Everything felt cold. It all felt like a simulation. He could feel himself drowning in the ocean of darkness that was bubbling inside him.

This is all a dream. I'm going to wake up any second now.

He had his eyes squeezed shut as he tried to wake himself from the nightmare but he could still feel everything around him. The blood on his hands. The whispers in his head grew louder the more he tried to shut them out.

If it's a dream then why don't you go ahead and wake up.

Stop, he willed the negative thoughts in his head.

He pressed the palm of his hands against his ears, forgetting the blood, as he tried to shut out the voices.

He felt a cold pair of hands grab him by the shoulder but he didn't open his eyes to look. He was too afraid.

You killed that man, Alex, and you know it.

Stop...

You know you did it. You tore him up like the savage beast you are.

Please stop ...

And you know you liked it.

"Stop!" Hey cried out as he lashed out at the figure in a desperate attempt to get it away from him.

"Whoa, easy there, tiger. It's only me." He heard a familiar voice. Misty.

Blinking, he tried to make sense of where he was. His thoughts were a little fuzzy, his head was spinning and he couldn't remembered how he had ended up on his bed. When had he fallen asleep?

All he could remember was the strange dream he had. He had been hungry, which was strange. Why would he dream of being hungry?

However, the thing that scared him the most was that he had been so certain he had woken up outside next to a dead man with blood on his hands.

"It's just a bad dream." Came Misty's cheery voice once more.

She made her way to the window and began to open the blinds.

When the first rays of sunlight made contact with his skin, Alex felt an intense burning sensation that left him feeling as if his blood was on fire.