Chapter 38

I ran my hands over his shoulder blades, luring him in with my touch. His smoldering eyes gazed into mine, returning to my needs. The ball of heat trapped inside me burst into flames when he stroked my cheek. My stomach rumbled with desire.

He pinned me down over the trembling bed before his hand seized my throat and his lips inched lower to my lips. I raised my head, inviting him in. Heavy pants left my mouth and warmth caressed my skin from all sides.

It had truly been long. I hadn't been in heat for over a few days now but when he touched me, my wolf yowled inside me and it returned immediately.

"You know you want me." I said as our eyes fought a silent battle against each other. His one was with himself and his needs while mine was just with him. There was nothing more I wanted than us to be what we were before all the problems. I had corrected my mistake and promised never to do it again.

What else did he want?

His mouth trailed across the lines of my lips. My eyes drifted shut and my hands fell over the bed as he drugged me with his kiss. His probing mouth possessed mine before his tongue demanded quiet entrance. I gave in without any hesitation and kissed him back. The flame I thought we had lost returned.

Our tongues circled in our mouths like snakes, ready to bite each other.

I grabbed the back of his neck, unable to take it slow anymore. He deepened the kiss before all of him embraced my body—like it should. I tasted him, his sweetness and his bitterness all together and grew intoxicated.

He pulled himself away from my mouth and kissed my jaw before moving along to my neck. My hips met with his, I rolled my legs around his waist and tightened him down to me. His body stiffened when his mouth met against my presented neck and his teeth scraped against my flesh.

At the verge of making a mistake, He took a heavy breath and stopped from furthering while I grew wetter and wetter. My gaze followed him as he moved back. His eyes shone with the brightest of red, one I had never seen before.

I couldn't tell if he was angry or something else but the color terrified me.

"Get out of my room, Clara." He growled, lifting himself up and turning away from me.

"Come on." I pouted in lack of pleasure. "Don't deny it. What's the problem?" I sat up with the help of my elbows while the Alpha turned his back on me. It had been days since everything and while forgiveness was nowhere near, we still could sleep together.

Hate sex?

"I don't want you here so get out." He turned and released another growl, stronger and harsher than the before one. His hand directed towards the door. "You're never getting anything out of me." The red flare in his eyes continued to burn within him—a burn I had never seen before.

"All right. Deny it." I mumbled before scraping myself off his bed and walking out.

Something was burning and it wasn't me.

It was clear he wanted me until a minute after kissing me. Was it my scent? He inhaled it right after kissing my neck and no one was really fond of an omega's scent around here, especially not the ones who were at the top of the hierarchy.

I sprinted out of the hallway immediately after hearing the door slam. It was loud. The Alpha was angry. But why? I hadn't even done anything.

I rushed back downstairs to find my comfort with Nora. She was in the longue rather than the kitchen. Mopping the floor and cleaning up the place. She usually left at midnight to her quarters and came back early in the morning. It was rare for her to stay in the house during the night.