Path of the Villain Issue 5 - You are all the Villains

The Red String has taken over the city consuming everything it touched. The sight was horrifying for the students of Class 1A, and that was just the brim of it. Slowly descending, Kirishima pointed to the centre of town concerned. "The Red String is all connecting to that location. What the hell is going on?"

Holding her mouth Uraraka came to her senses worried. "You claimed he was stealing everybody's quirks, Shigaraki... I haven't seen many civilians in the chaos right now."

"That must be where the rest of my former allies have gathered them." Shigaraki hissed. "An all you can eat buffet. With that many quirks, he might just be unstoppable."

"We should split up into two separate teams. One should free the people being held prisoners by the League. The others should look for Y/N." Midoriya suggested. "We might not have enough time to do both, so splitting up would help."

"Are you sure splitting up is a good idea, Deku? We'll need everyone's help to take down Y/N."

"Don't be ridiculous. I can take down the bastard myself. Why are we wasting time?!"

"It's nice saying that, Bakugo, but we don't even know where he is?" Kaminarai said.

Kurogiri appeared, looking around. "We might be able to assist with that. Y/N was a troubled boy when All For One brought him in. He felt alone and abandoned by society and his own family. One of the first things he did under the wing of All For One was take revenge and kill his parents."

"Holy shit..." Kirishima whispered.

"He hated everything he stood for and was believed to be. He'll most likely finish this where it all began. The place anyone wants to return to at the end of the world."

"Home..." Midoriya whispered. "Do we know where he originally lived?"

"Yes."

Midoriya took a moment to think over a plan before nodding. "Alright. Uraraka go with Kirishima and Kamanrai. Try and round up any pros on the way and save the people. Get them out of there as quickly as possible. Kacchan and Shigaraki will come with me to stop Y/N. Can you teleport the people away?"

"I can."

"Alright, that's the plan. Everyone, best of luck. Get back alive. We can't let Y/N win this, not today."

****

Dried up blood split over the side of the building as Toga's body lay lifeless behind me. Slouched over, staring at the Red String was gathering above me into a large ball charging up to unleash the moment I've been waiting for. Staring at my finger, tiny traces of string wrapped around it, comforting me. "Almost time... This nightmare will all be over soon."

"Y/N!" Midoriya screamed from the staircase. My head pivoted, seeing Midoriya, Bakugo and Shigaraki standing there. Tutting, I turned back around, not paying them too much attention. "You don't have to do this. When will this madness end?!"

"When the sun comes up on a brave new world. I wouldn't expect you to understand Deku. You were born with such a beloved and sought for quirk. One that is heroic and strong, you have the heart of a hero but was that because you were born like it or that quirk deemed you so?" I questioned, throwing the small ball of string down below. "Do you know how to topple a nation? In the 80s USA and the defuncted USSR all tried crushing each other from the shadows. They believed infiltrating and manipulating the government officials could turn the pages of the Cold War in their favour. But that was quite the opposite nothing came about it, and they are still secret enemies today. The one mistake they made was who to focus on. Anyone can overthrow a government. Blow up the diet building, assassinate the prime minister put up the desired leader on top. No, that's not how you do it. You focus on the people. They build this nation and move it to whatever they seek fit. You make them feel hopeless. You steal that away from them. Take their light, their number one hero and show the world they are not safe; not even the pros can save them. Well, you can see the outcome. I tore this country apart but just one simple action. Killing one pathetic person. I've done what countries could only dream of, and I'm not finished. Not even close."