00:26

In the span of a few seconds, several emotions and flashed across Kieran's face, none of them being particularly good.

Hope at seeing her mother quickly turned to confusion, which thus morphed into fear.

The blood drained from his face, eyes widening until his eyes almost popped from his face. His arms snapped out to slam the door, his efforts proving unsuccessful when Elijah jammed his foot into the doorway.

"W-What are you-what are you guys doing here?" He stumbled over his words, sounding as if he was about to throw up.

"We're here to help you," Clementine ducked under Elijah's arm to go closer to her junior, voice soft and soothing. "We just want to talk to you."

"Help me with-with what?" Keiran stuttered, eyes flickering between the menacing figures at his door.

"Don't play dumb," Aaron snapped.

Clementine shot him a nasty glare. She would have to remind them all that Kieran was the victim in this situation.

"Let us in, or would you rather have this conversation in public?" Elijah tilted his head.

"Look, Kieran we just want to talk to you. Well leave if you feel uncomfortable but we really do have to talk to you," Clementine pleaded.

Something in her face must've convinced him, because he stepped aside silently.

"Only you can come in, the rest of you can wait outside," he said defiantly, his tone faltering with nervousness.

"Fuck no," Elijah shook his head. "I'm not leaving her alone with you. Remember what happened last time you were alone with her?"

"Elijah," Clementine frowned, tone disapproving.

"Fine," Kieran hissed, swinging the door open and ushering them inside. "Hurry up. I can't believe i'm doing this."

"Watch it," Ronan said mildly, stepping inside after the other four.

Kieran's room was a complete mess, unsurprising as he was a fifteen year old boy. The room was dark, save for a dim beside lamp that shone an artificial white light onto the bed. Several piles of laundry were stacked around the room, on the end of his bed, on his desk's chair and on the floor.

"Yeah, I know, it's a pig sty," he said viciously, shoving the pile of laundry on his chair onto the floor and taking a seat. "I already know, so you don't have to tell me."

"No one said anything," Levi said mildly. "Your room is fine."

"Well, whatever."

"I know you're probably very scared right now, Kieran, but I promise you we're not here to hurt you," Clementine said softly, laying a hand on his shoulder.

Kieran flinched, ripping her away from him.

"Ha!" His laughter was sharp and forced. "I mean, she told me you'd be like this, but I didn't really believe her until now."

"What?" She faltered, exchanging confused glances with Elijah.

"You know, how you pretend to be all sweet and innocent, when you're actually super manipulative," Kieran eyed her with distrust. "It's embarrassing how transparent you are."

"Hey," Ronan interrupted, tone furious.

"What are you talking about?" Clementine flushed red with humiliation. "Who's saying this?"

"Who do you think," Kieran curled his lip. "Natalia, of course."

Clementine flinched as if she was struck.