Chapter 61 - What I Never Knew I Always Wanted

Marianne's POV

A/N. ⚠️: Very long chapter.

I slowly open my eyes to find myself lying on a sofa, with Nick sitting besides me, and asking if i am ok.

I try to sit up slowly and he helps me, but before i can respond to his questions, Ben walks into the room with Roman behind him, then Mom walks in too as well as some other people, one after the other, and i lie back down as they all start to gather around me, also asking if i am ok.

"You went and brought everyone?" Nick grumbles to Ben.

"Ofcourse not, they just followed when they saw me take Roman with me i guess" he says, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Alright, everyone back up, you are crowding her, give her some breathing space. " Roman says, making room for himself next to me.

"Hey there?? " He winks at me, checking my pulse and studying the way i am breathing and then placing his hand on my belly and feeling around it.

I try to see where Nick and Ben are in the room, remembering our previous 'situation', then make a sigh of relief, when i notice Ben standing next to Stephanie, his hand wrapped around her upper arm.

"Alright, as you can see. She is alright....now everybody get out......" He says, turning to the now crowded room.

"Now!" he adds, when no one makes the effort to leave.

"Alright, you heard the man. Everybody out...let the doctor do his job....." Nick says, pushing everyone out of the room.

They grumble and complain, but eventually leave.

"You too babe" Roman says to a lingering Sienna, and she huffs and walks out too.

He then turns to Mom who gives him a pointed look.

"I am her mother, i am not going anywhere" she utters, raising her chin up.

"How do you feel?" He asks in resignation, when he finally turns to face me again.

"...Mary? Ohh honey, what happened" Lora, who also happens to be a doctor, ask, as she walks into the room hurriedly.

Angelo's father has not been doing so well lately, and she was at the other side of the house, where it is quiet, taking care of him. They had said they would join the gathering much later.

"She blacked out some fifteen minutes ago" I hear Roman say to her, as she starts to check me aswell.

That's when i notice Both Nick and Ben left the room with everyone, taking Steph along with them and i feel anxious again.

I need to know what's going on.

"Mary, try to relax, you are starting to breathe fast again and your pulse is increasing" Roman says softly.

I rub my hand over my face and take a deep breath to calm myself down.

"Can you call Nick for a second" I ask.

"Look, right now you need to ...."

"Just......fucking call him, ok...just one. Minute. Then you can ask me whatever you want" i grumble.

I see someone leave and Comeback shortly with Nick.

One look at me, tells him what i want to know from him, and he squats down next to me and murmurs quietly.

"We are following up on that that and no i have all hands on deck right now working on it.....but i am not going to come at you every five minutes with new information because i need you to concentrate on you right now...because for all we know, this could be nothing, so let's not get you all worked up ok....? "