Chapter 18 - Damage Control

"Here we are" Felix murmurs when the lift stops on Angelo's floor.

He punches a code into the door's security system and it opens up, letting us in. I don't remember that happening last time i was here but i guess it's because there was someone at the door letting everyone in.

"Uuhhmm, here, Mr Morreli asked me to share the code with you, but i ask that you dispose of that safely once you memorize the numbers" he says, reluctantly handing me a piece of paper with some numbers on it.

"Thanks" i mutter, taking it.

"Your things are over there" He points to my stuff on a table.

"The lights, music, air conditioning.....uhhmm, basically, all electronics are voice activated and will only respond to Mr Morreli, so you will have to switch them on manually, but if you have any trouble, let me know" he adds

"Ok"

"Well, unless you have any questions or need something, i will take my leave now, my number is at the back of the card, just in case." he mumbles.

"No, i am good. Thank you very much." i murmur.

"Have a good evening" He says, and i watch him leave.

Left alone in the foyer, i look around and as i start to walk around, i realise, without the crowd like last time, the place looks different, bigger. And everything looks mighty expensive in here.

My phone beeps and it's a new message from Angelo.

'Bedroom is upstairs to your right, third door. Help yourself to anything.'

I type 'Ok' and start to walk up the stairs in search for it.

The corridor is beautiful, the walls, a combination of white and grey with a beautiful black and white carpet on the floor and chandeliers on the ceiling.

For an apartment inside a multi purpose building, this place is awfully big with plenty of rooms.

I find his bedroom and discover that it has a similar decor with the corridor. The bed is enormous, laid up against the wall in the middle of the room. The adjacent side of the wall made completely of glass but with curtains covering it. There is a desk with a bunch of documents and books laying carelessly on it and some on the floor in front of a bookshelf next to it.

The sight is messy and makes me want to laugh. The rest of the room is neat though, with a tv on the wall opposite the bed and what looks to be a dressing table and mirror next to two doors which i assume lead to the ensuite bathroom and closet.

And there is also sofa, next to the glass wall. Despite all these things, the rooms is still unbelievably spacious.

I go into one of the adjoing rooms and find that it's the ensuite bathroom, i discover it has both a shower and a bathtub. My apartment only has a shower and i decide to make use of the tub which i haven't used in a long time.

After a heavenly forty five minutes of soaking myself in the tub, i decide enough is enough and get out to put some clothes on. Plus my hungry stomach is begging to get fed.

Putting on some tights and a long loose baseball tshirt, i go downstairs to the kitchen and see what i can find. Last time i was in here, i didn't get a good look at the place but now that i have, i find its well equipped with the latest kitchen appliances and cookware.

I wonder who cooks for Angelo since he can't cook very well, plus i imagine he must be very busy to do it himself anyway.

With a well stocked fridge and cabinets giving me plenty of options, i decide to make an italian chicken and sausage rissoto, and maybe some mixed fruit in strawberry yoghurt for desert.