Chapter 50 - Lasting Lover

Marianne's POV

"Positive.......you are pregnant." Angelo murmurs, his eyes now hooded as he watches my reaction closely.

My heart skips a beat.

"Are you sure" I ask again.

"Mhhmm" he hums, pushing the wet hair off my shoulders as the water swirls and twirls all around us.

"Both of the sticks were positive?" I inquire further.

Angelo's smile grows to a point where i can see his dimples, which is rare to come by, and i can't believe he managed to withhold his excitement to begin with.

"Yes. One of them actually showed the words 'pregnant', so yeah, i am sure" he drawls.

"Ok" I whisper, breathing out.

I touch my face with both hands and take a deep breath, suddenly feeling so over heated.

Ok..this is happening. This is really, happening. There is no going back now. I am going to have a baby.

"Are you ok?" Angelo asks, watching me.

I nod, but then feel a rush of tears fill my eyes as i literally feel a panick attack coming. I am pregnant.

"Mary?" Angelo murmurs, cupping my cheeks.

"Excuse me a second..."I mumble, as i move to the edge of the hot tub and step out.

"Marianne?" Angelo calls behind me.

"I am ok..I will be back in a minute" I say, grabbing one of the bathrobes hanging on the wall and putting it on.

I walk to the bedroom, leaving a trail of wet footsteps behind me.

I cup my face with both hands again, and feel the heat from my face on my fingers, am flushed.

Oh my God, i am going to be a mother!

I don't know why i am panicking.....we knew this was a possibility, we discussed it earlier and i was ready...I am ready.

I am going to be a mother!!!!. My mind echoes as my stomach ties into knots.

As i stand there in the middle of the room, trying to get myself to calm down, i feel strong, firm hands grip my shoulders.

"Take a deep breath" Angelo murmurs softly against my ear behind me.

I comply, closing my eyes and breathing in and out deeply again.

He rubs my shoulders and upper arms up and down, and i rest my back more into his chest to comfort.

After a few seconds, he walks me to the bed and sits me down. He doesn't say anything though, just sits next to me and holds me to his side as my head rests on his shoulder.

Now that i am calm, i start to feel really stupid and embarrassed for the way i just reacted, especially after we talked about this earlier and came to terms with whatever the outcome would be.

What is wrong with me?

I just proved Angelo right about overreacting and being indecisive. It must be quite a bother for him to put up with me.

The thought brings a lump to my throat and i feel like crying again. I am such an emotional mess lately.

My nose feels blocked and despite me trying to ignore it, i eventually sniff to clear some air space.

"I am sorry" I whisper, feeling extremely embarrassed now.

"For what?" He asks softly.

"This? You must think i am childish and annoying" I mumble, sitting up straight and touching the edges of my gown on my lap.