EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

Anna's POV

I look around and it's completely dark. My heart is beating loudly. I hear a bang and turn around to see iron bars. It's a cell. A small light is dangling from the top. A man in sitting on the floor, with his knees to his chest and his head resting on his knees. As I walk towards him, I see chains around his ankles and wrists. There are wounds on his legs. Dirt is covering his body. His hair is dishelmed.

Once I reach the cell. I knew who it is from his scent. My heart stops.

"Bane." I call him. He lifts his head and his eyes widen as he stands up. I gasp as I take in his presence. There is dried blood on his chin. His right eye is black. His chest is covered in wounds. "Oh my God!" He comes to me.

"You should leave!"

"No!"

"Go!"

"I am not leaving you here."

"Leave before he is back." He says aggressively.

"What did he do to you?"

Suddenly we hear footsteps and I look behind me to see Derek. He is standing there with that terrifying smile of his. "I knew you would come." He takes another step to come near me and I panic.

"Wake up, my Sweet!" I hear Bane's voice. I open my eyes and sit up straight gasping like I have just been drowning and was pulled out of water. I feel Bane pulling me into his chest and I let him. "Another one?" He asks gently. I nod my head. "You are strong."

I chuckle at his words. Tears fill my eyes. "I am not." He runs his hand through my hair.

"You are. You just won't admit to it." I lay there in silence as he speaks. "You didn't let him break you. You never gave up."

"You are what makes me strong." I say as I look up at him. He gives me a kiss on my forehead. I lay back on his chest again.

It has been a month, since I was back to Bane. The nightmares are slowly getting less scary. Mom and Micheal are here, helping me get through things. James and Alika are here too. She is a worse state. Nobody is allowed near her except James and Bane. She wouldn't accept anyone. The fear in her eyes had our heart aching. I can only imagine how Bane and James must be feeling right now.

James brought her here as she lived here longer than in her previous and it's her home. It would make her feel safe and help her open up more. James is taking special care of her, obviously, and we all are helping as much as we can. The dose of resistor injected in her body is much more than her body can handle and it's causing her difficulty in connecting with her mate and wolf.

The doctor said it will take more than two months for the effect to run it's course. She is only taking small portions of food as she is used to it. James is trying to increase her food intake. She shivers and whimpers when anyone uses a louder tone. James and Bane are being as gentle as they can be. None of them ever spoke a note higher. She hasn't spoken a word till now. There are only whimpers and sobs.

She wouldn't eat, until told to eat, wouldn't sleep, drink or answer unless told to do so. This shows how Derek controlled everyday aspects of her life. The cuts on her body are slowly healing. But the psychological wounds will take years.

Bane's tries to balance his time between me and Alika. Last week, I told him that he has to take care of her more than me. She needs him. But he doesn't stop. Mom and Micheal help James in taking care of Alika. All the pack members have been kind enough to us.