Chapter 5

Evelyn's POV:

Evelyn's POV:

Saturday had whizzed by, and I had spent the majority of it binge-watching celebrity masterchef and working. Isla had joined me for about an hour of my Masterchef marathon before we both realised it was late and we needed to get some sleep.

It was now 12pm on a Sunday and I was standing outside of a restaurant called 'the lounge' waiting for Mia and Skye. I decided to send them a quick text on the group chat to let them know that I was here.

                      - Troubled Trio -

Evelyn - 'Hey, I'm here.'

Mia - 'I'm just walking around the corner, be there soon.'

Skye - 'I will be about 3 minutes, you guys can head in and get a table.'

I look up as I close the chat and turn off my phone to see Mia walking down the street towards me. She is currently holding her phone with what appears to be Google Maps open on it. "Mia! Hey." When she hears and sees me, she smiles in relief and walks over to me, "Hi, Eve! Let's go in and get a table."

We proceed through the entrance and into the restaurant, where we choose the booth closest to the wall and the window. As we take our seats, a waiter approaches us and says, "Here are your menus; I will be back in about 5 minutes to take your orders."

While tending to other tables, the waiter leaves us to our own devices. I take this opportunity to examine the restaurant's interior; it has an old-fashioned feel to it, but I think it's quite interesting here.

My wondering vision is obscured by a slightly sweaty looking Skye. "Hey, Skye. Why do you look like you just ran a marathon?" She scoffs "I practically did, I had to run across the parking lot so I wouldn't get hit by this car." Me and Mia look at each other before busting out laughing "Sorry, Usain Bolt."

Skye just scowls at me and nudges my shoulder telling me to move more to the left towards the window so she can sit down. Me and Skye are now sitting on the end booth that is against the wall and facing Mia as well as all the other booths in front of us, meaning we can see most people that come in and sit down.

The waiter returns and asks for our orders. Mia had asked for their 'Sunday roast special'. I had gone for the classic burger and chips. While Skye chose steak and chips. The waiter nods while Scribbling our orders down on her notepad "that will be about a 15-minute wait, ladies" we all nod at her, and she turns and leaves.

The peaceful silence between the three of us as we wait for our food is broken when Skye leans in closer to the table as if she's about to tell us a secret and let's out a quiet squeal. "Cold-eyed goddess is here!" she nudges me then "and ooo look who she's with."

When Mia and I look in the direction she is pointing, we see Miss O'conner walk in with a woman who has a piercing stare that could kill anyone on the spot. The two women at the door notice the three of us staring at them, and Miss O'conner's eyes are drawn to mine, while the other woman's are drawn to Skye's. I have to admit, Skye and her would make a beautiful couple; I'm rooting for them.

I almost melt as those chocolate brown pools that are gazing into my own eyes; this woman is doing strange things to me. Mia is the first to speak up, saying, "Wow, that is one scary looking lady Miss O'conner is with." She quickly adds, "one scary-looking lady who is coming our way?"

As the two women walk up to our table and pause in front of us, we all try to appear unfazed. Mia stands up from the table, a small smile on her face, and says, "Hello, Miss O'conner!" before they can say anything. She adds "Guys, I'm going to the bathroom quickly." We raise an eyebrow at Mia as she winks at Skye and me with her thumbs up, mouthing a quick 'Get it, girls' before turning and leaving.

There's a small tension between the four of us, but it's not the bad kind of tension. Miss O'conner clears her throat first, smiling warmly at me and Skye. "Hey girls," she focuses her attention on Skye, "I'm starting to think you live in here based on how much we see you." Skye laughs at the comment "It's just too good, I can't stay away Miss" She's staring at the woman who hasn't said anything as she says this.

I must admit that this woman is very attractive, but she cannot compete with Miss O'conner's beauty. She is a tall ass woman though, possibly 5'11. She had thick dark brown hair with an almost cherry tint to it that cascaded down to her upper back, as well as piercing grey eyes. Skye gains a slight smirk from the woman as she looks her up and down, licking her lips, before returning her face back to the same cold and stoic expression she wore when she first walked in. Skye's face is now flushed a deep shade of red making me chuckle at her state.

Miss O'conner chuckles at Skye's previous use of formality "You can call me Raven when we're outside of class." She then turns to the woman beside her "this is Eliza, one of my closest friends. We just came over here to say hello." I can see Skye practically light up at learning the knowledge of this woman's name.

The woman hasn't taken her gaze away from Skye since she stepped in, but I don't think Skye has noticed. "Well, I hope you guys enjoy your meal," Raven adds as she nudges Eliza with a smirk on her beautiful face.

"I'll see both of you tomorrow." We both smile at her and say, "See you tomorrow, Raven," in unison. Eliza then turns to face me and says, "Goodbye Evelyn." She then turns to Skye and says in a slightly huskier tone "Goodbye, little Skye."

A//N I ship it.