yes!

*one month later*

"We're going to mollys after shift by the way" jay leant on Emily's desk. She looked up with a small smile, "I thought you wanted a quiet night in" she laughed. He shrugged and smirked, "I changed my mind" he spun her chair slightly before returning to his desk.  Hank walked out and broke everyone's chatter up by announcing their most recent case, Emily shot jay a curious look but he seemed to engrossed in Hanks speech.

Later that day, surely enough the ended up at mollys. It was really busy, unusually busy, and jay had made her wear something a little more dressy which really confused her. They were stood at the bar when trudy stood up and took position at the karaoke bar, "everyone's phones away now!" She warned everyone and took the mic in her hands. Everyone laughed and turned to face her, there were the main members from each emergency service team in Chicago; med, fire and pd. Sylvie was stood next to Emily since they've always went close friends since high school, it's only this past year that they've became close again. Jay was also stood behind Emily with his hand on her arm as they leant in the bar.

Trudy flicked through the songs before stopping on her chosen one and playing the backing track, she cleared her throat and began singing without a care in the world. She picked 'can't take my eyes off you' by Frankie Valli and the four seasons, which was strange since she usually sings a bit of Adele or frank Sinatra. Everyone laughed with her as she failed to his the high notes until the song came to an end.

"Trust in me when I say... ohhhhh, pretty baby!" Trudy sang as the last like. Everyone erupted into cheer and laughter as she fake bowed, everyone apart from Emily knew why she chose that song, it was jays request. Emily smiled at sylvie and turned around to talk to jay, "I say it's your turn..." she laughed but was rather confused when she saw jay down on his knee. She almost immediately clicked onto what was going on when everyone fell silent.

"Emily Taylor, I know we didn't have the best start, but ever since I laid eyes on you I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. You're the most caring, beautiful and loving woman in the world. Will you make me the most happiest man on earth, and marry me?" He looked up at her hopefully as he held the ring, not his mothers ring since he wasn't risking that again, and smiled weakly.  His nerves were flooding his senses as everyone stared at them.  She has tears already falling down her cheeks, and without hesitation nodded and let out a contagious laugh, "yes!" She nodded again.  Jay smiled and stood up to pull her into a tight hug, "of course I'll marry you" she laughed into his neck as he lifted her up.  He smiled and let out a shaky breath, everyone was clapping and cheering.

               He slipped the ring onto her finger, "I love you..." she laughed in shock, "I love you more" he planted a quick kiss on her lips, "alright alright, let's get this party rolling!" Hermann yelled over the music.  Everyone cheered as a champagne bottle popped.  This night couldn't have got any better.

Later that night the newly engaged pair found themselves sat on the couch just admiring the ring jay get Emily, "how long have you had this planned out?" She laughed. Her giggled could be felt from where jay was sat since she was laying across his chest, "few months" he shrugged. She looked up at him in shock "months?" She laughed. He nodded and smiled, "Mmhmm, I told trudy to pick that song, figured she'd have more guts to sing it than me" he nodded. Emily smiled, thinking back to what song Trudy was singing, "awhhhh, that's super cute" she smirked. He playfully rolled his eyes, "I wanna spend the rest of my life with you, and make a family, and buy a big house..." he sighed and began naming everything he wants in life.

"Well you, jay Halstead, are in luck. Because I want that too" she smiled and pointed a finger on his chest. He smiled down at her, she couldn't be more perfect if she tried. They ended the night by falling asleep in each other embrace, but nothing lasts forever right? Right?