don't you dare

*two days later*

Emily was now allowed to go home, she was happy about that because this hospital was driving her nuts, but like the doctors said, she was to take two weeks off work until her leg had healed fully.  Jay appeared at her door now that she was changed into normal clothes, "I am not leaving in that..." she looked at the wheelchair he had fetched her, jay laughed, "doctors orders" he shrugged.  Emily looked at him, "are you being serious right now?" She laughed in disbelief, almost too embarrassed to get in it, jay smiled, "deadly serious" he nodded and smirked before grabbing her bag and putting it over his shoulder.  Emily looked at him but eventually smirked back and got into it, "I hate you" she laughed a little.  Jay smiled, "no you don't" he began pushing her out of the ED.

                 Jay being jay couldn't just push her out of the hospital normally so when they got out of the elevator he began running slightly, "don't you dare" Emily laughed and covered her face so no one would see her and judge the pair for being childish.  Jay laughed but kept on pushing her in zigzags and random directions, "you're such a child" she laughed and uncovered her face when they finally got outside, the fresh air felt nice on her face.  Jay laughed, "says the one" he raised an eyebrow at her as he looked down to see her face, talking about the time she jumped in a ball pit with some kids while trying to keep them preoccupied during a case. Emily laughed as he reached his truck, "that was different, I was actually with children" she shook her head and stood up.

Jay smiled, there she is, the love of his life, "you got it?" He helped her into the passenger side. Emily smiled and nodded before he closed the door and quickly ran back inside with the wheelchair, Will saw him and caught his attention, "give these to Emily, she needs two a day. One when she wakes up and one at night, and it might be best if someone stays with her while her leg heals" he threw his brother a bottle of pills. Jay nodded, "yeah I'm gonna stay with her, thanks" he smiled. Will raised an eyebrow but laughed and walked away, jay knew what he was playing at so he just huffed and walked away.  He ran back out to his truck where Emily was sat on her phone, "I'm staying with you for two weeks" he jumped into the car.

                 Emily raised an eyebrow, "lemme guess, Will told you someone had to stay with me?" He smirked.  Jay nodded, "mmhmm, so who's place we staying at? Mine or yours?" He tilted his head. Emily shrugged, "I was thinking my place but you might not manage the stairs, so maybe your place is a safer bet" he added before she could answer. She laughed slightly and smiled at him, "whatever you say chuckles" she just smiled at him. Jay smiled back, "yeah, you're place but I need clothes so we're gonna have to make a quick stop by mine first" he nodded and held the eye contact with her. She smiled, "no problem" she nodded and broke the eye contact leaving him looking at her. Jay smiled and shook his head, god he's really falling for her...

                 Jay nipped into his house and packed up a bag for two weeks worth of clothes, although he did realise he could just wash a re-wear his clothes so he unpacked some things and made his way back outside, making sure everything was knocked off in the process.  He hopped back in his car to hear that Emily had got ahold of the aux cord and she was playing 80's classics, "I like this song" he nodded.  Emily smiled, "who doesn't?" She smiled and kept on singing, not really caring if she was in tune or not, once again it was something he loved even though she was actually quiet a good singer.  He drove freely to her apartment which had no stairs in so she was safe from hazardous tasks and helped her into the elevator to go up to her floor.

They got onto Emily's floor and jay pulled out a set of keys, "wait, how did you get those?" She smiled at him curiously. Jay raised an eyebrow but the fact that she can't remember giving them to him made him worry slightly, "you gave them to me before you left" he smiled weakly and opened the door. Emily hobbled inside, "I did?" She took her shoes off. Jay nodded, okay maybe this is a little worrying, "yeah, you told me to take them in case anything happened" he frowned a little since something did happen and it scared the shit out of him. Emily frowned too but shrugged, "memory, goldfish" she pointed to her head and used jays arm to hobble over to the couch. Jay smiled and laughed a little bit when they both sat in the couch he pulled out his phone and bring up wills contact.
Jay: "hey, I don't wanna start to overthink anything but is Em's memory meant to be messed up?"

Will didn't reply straight away since he was still on shift but jay was more than happy to wait for a reply since if it was something he needed to be worried about, he needs to know in order to keep her safe.
Will: "How messed up are we talking?"
Jay: "she can't remember giving me her house keys before she left"
Will: "that's normal, after the way she'll have been thrown around in the wind, small parts of her memory will have been altered a bit from impact. Nothing serious, she'll remember it in a week or two"
Jay: "good, thanks man"
Will: "anytime"

                   He looked back up to see Emily still on her first slice of pizza, "if you don't hurry up and eat faster I think I'll end up eating it all myself" he raised an eyebrow.  Emily laughed, "shut up, you wouldn't do that to me" she shrugged.  Jay smiled, "and what makes you so sure?" He smirked which made her head turn to look at him, "because you love me" she shrugged and turned back to the film they were watching.  Jay smiled, he didn't know what to say just yet, they had only kissed a few days ago, but she's not wrong, he does love her. Emily's face turned a pale shade of red at the smirk he was giving her, but relaxed as it turned into a smile, they smiled at each other for a while before she nodded reassuringly.  Jay smiled and laughed a little, "I would give you a kiss but not when you're eating pizza" he raised an eyebrow.  Emily laughed, "fair enough" she smirked and looked back to the TV.