Chapter 25: After-party

Finn's POV

Just like other nights, this magical night, unfortunately, had to end too. The time passed by like a blur and it was suddenly time to go home.

11:23 pm

I stood outside our house, my jacket wrapped tight around my body against the cold. I faced the blondie with a small smile as he slipped his hands into his pockets, leaning against his car coolly.

"Well. This has been one of the best nights of my entire life." I admitted with a slight chuckle.

"I feel the same way. Now, come here, I don't think I can leave you alone." He said before gently pulling me by the wrist.

I wrapped an arm around him, immediately feeling so much better but I knew I had to pull away sooner or later. So I did, but before I could do that, he pressed a soft kiss to my forehead.

"Okay. Text me when you get home." I reminded him before finally letting go of him.

"I will. I'll see you on Monday, Finn." He said with a wink before hopping into his car and turning on the engine.

I turned around and opened the door of the house and the first thing that I immediately noticed was that there were no lights on anywhere in the house which was odd since I remembered turning on the lights in the entryway and kitchen. As I let my bag fall to the floor, along with the thud that it made, I heard strange noises coming from the upstairs.

I rolled my eyes as I realized that it was most likely my parents, probably doing something that I'm not even interested in thinking about. 

I reached out to my left to turn the lights on and that's when I heard someone climbing down the stairs. I turned on the lights and my heart dropped to my stomach.

...It was just my dad.

"Finn. You're home early?" He asked in a sleepy voice as he ran a hand over his face.

I shrugged. "Well, we decided to end it early. Not much to do so we just went home."

"Okay well you better go to bed. Make sure to lock the doors. 'Night." He waved at me before walking up the stairs and back to their room. 

I sighed contentedly as my feet dragged me towards the kitchen. I poured myself a glass of water and sat down at the chair closest to the window. 

My thoughts ran a mile an hour, racing each other as the events of the night reran itself in my brain. 

Just the feeling of being in Oliver's arms while love songs played in the background was more than enough to give me butterflies. Him reassuring me every time I started to doubt myself and him making me cringe with his public display of affection for me. Those were moments that I'll treasure. The kind of moments that I wanted to experience everyday. Moments that make me feel excited for tomorrow.

I didn't even think that it was possible for me to fall in love even more but hell to it, I am.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice the shuffling of something outside our window. I only realized just a couple seconds after. I squinted my eyes as I looked through the glass, trying to decipher what was moving in the dark across the street. Just when I could get a clear image of a man, I heard something behind me.

"Finn." I heard my name being called out.

I jumped in my seat, hurrying to look at the source of the sound and instantly sighing in relief as I realized it was just my mom.

"Mom. Oh my God, you scared me." I said, clutching my chest exaggeratedly.

She laughed. "Sorry. Your dad just told me you were home. I have to ask you how your night went?" She said, pulling a chair nearby and sitting beside me.