Chapter 12: Soup and Curry

Finn's POV

"I don't know about this, Heather." I muttered nervously as Heather fixed the collar of the outfit she forced me to wear. 

"It will go great, I'd just need a buffer just in case I become an awkward mess." She smiled at me as she finished. "Look at yourself!" 

She faced me towards the mirror. At least I looked great. I unbuttoned the top button on my shirt, loosening it up a little bit so I wouldn't be suffocating the whole night. 

The plan was that I would go first in the restaurant so that Oliver won't see that I'm in the restaurant. I'd be hidden and giving Heather a buffer if she started to waver. I was hesitant but the thought of being around the two of them date sounded a little fun but I knew it was gonna hurt me. Whatever, it was said and done. I just hope I don't cause them trouble.

. . . 

Not even after five minutes, the two of them were already seated. I was in the back, away from them but still enough for me to be able to have a clear view. I know it seems pretty creepy for me to be scouting them from afar but it's for the sake of friendship. I just hope nothing goes wrong.

I ordered myself a glass of iced-tea, I quickly thanked the waiter before I looked over at the two. Oliver seemed to have said something which made Heather laugh. As Oliver started a conversation, Heather's eyes wandered around and landed on me. I raised an eyebrow, silently asking her what was wrong. She shook her head before focusing on Oliver again.

After a few more minutes, my mind got bored of looking at the two. What was the point of watching them talk if I wasn't able to hear what they were saying. Instead, I looked around the restaurant. It had a very home-y atmosphere, with all the warm lighting, the tinted windows, the decorations such as pots of plants, picture frames and small trophies mounted on shelves and the leather booths with soft lights above them. The chatter around me weren't prominent enough to annoy me. For the first time in a while, I felt relaxed. I would never have expected that being in the same restaurant where Heather and Oliver were in a date would ever be pleasing. 

I laughed at my thoughts which I didn't realized might've been mistaken for mental issues. Who the hell would be laughing by themselves? Me, obviously.

The time sipped away just like my iced-tea on the table. Scrolling through Twitter, get brain damage. Scroll through Instagram, it's Twitter reels. Scrolling through my gallery, there's... nothing to scroll through. I sighed and set down my phone, my eyes going back to the two. They were halfway through their food, I could see in their eyes, they were genuinely enjoying each other's company. Heather were telling stories while Oliver listened with a smile on his face, and that glimmer on his eyes when a person was truly happy. How he would run a hand through his blond hair, how his dimple would appear every time he would smile. Damn this guy.

It seemed like an hour have passed when the desserts for their table came. They're conversations have not cut off even when the waiters would ask them questions. They looked like a real couple. 

A subconscious smile made its way onto my face while looking at the two enjoying themselves. Just as I was about to look away, I saw the nightmare that was about to ruin everything. The one sight I didn't think I was gonna ever see on this day. 

Bella Lee-Evans.

She strut into the restaurant and when she was just about to pass, she suddenly 'noticed' Oliver and Heather sitting there. I saw just as Heather's face went pale while Oliver's smile faded when they both noticed Bella.

"Oh my God! What a coincidence, Oliver. You're here too!" Bella's annoying voice broke through the polite silence that I'd hope would've lasted longer.