39 Poor Jacob

"There will be the grandest cake you've ever scene, flavour blue, of course" I grinned, looking at the child before me, his once ginger hair had now turned blonde and he had gained a few small freckles under his eyes. I pulled him closer as tears began to form in his eyes. His birthday was in a few weeks, by then, I hope the war will be over.

"Are you going to die?" The small child asked.

I felt hallow. I couldn't lie to the child. I felt it, within my bones, I knew what my fate on the battlefield was. "Everything will be okay Jacob," I grabbed his chin, pulling it towards me, catching a stray tear. Looking into his large eyes, I repeated, "Everything will be okay, just think," I pulled him close to me, he rested on my lap, his ear against my heart, "In a few weeks time, we will all be celebrating your birthday,"

He nodded, "Mummy said she will always be with me, no matter what," He smiled, whipping his tears away. I hope that I've made his parent's deaths a little easier to deal with. I remember when his mother was pregnant. Oh, she had the most beautiful blonde hair, she would pick fresh daisies for me every day from her garden and give me one when I didn't want to go to school.

"I don't want to die," He mumbled into my shirt. I sighed, I wasn't too scared of death anymore. We are born to die. I don't believe in much anymore. Except for Grayson. "I don't think anyone wants to die, Jacob," I let him sit up from the couch. No child should ever think of death, yet, here he is, one of my favourite people in the world, and he's surrounded in it.

"When I grow up, I want to be a warrior! Just like daddy! I'm gonna save people! So they don't die!" He smiled, tears fresh in his eyes.

"Well, does that mean I should be getting you some fighting classes for your birthday?" I asked,

His eyes opened wide. "Yeah! Can Ollie come to my party!" He shouted new happiness struck his face.

"Ollie?" I asked, glad we were off the sensitive subject.

"Olivia!" He gave me a dumb look, tipping his head to the side like a lost dog. I laughed when I realised he had a nickname for her. Noah's daughter. I began tickling him, his laughter filled Grayson's and I's living room. "Someone's got a mate!" I sang aloud.

"No!" He giggled. "She's not my mate!" He stuck his tongue out and blew raspberries at me.

"Why's everyone screaming?" Grayson entered the room, looking effortlessly sexy in a neat black suit, the first few buttons undone at the top of his white shirt. "Gray Gray!" Jacob carefully clambered off of me, running towards Gray. He kneeled down, entrapped him in his arms and threw him up in the air, catching him swiftly,

"Don't do that! You know it scares me!" I hissed, as Grayson walked towards me, wrapping his arms around my waist, supporting me as he leant down and kissed me. Feeling the never-ending sparks, I kissed back, easily wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Ew!" I heard Jacob shout, dragging out the 'w'. Moving my gaze towards him, I saw his hands covering his eyes and his small lips forming a smile. A chuckle erupted from Grayson as he gave me another, short, sweet kiss and unwrapped his arms from me. "Don't do that Gray Gray!" He shouted again, hitting Grayson, he moved to hit my stomach, although Grayson grabbed him just in time and picked him up, tickling him in his arms. After he put him to the ground, Jacob, ran towards his toys which he had previously left at my house.

"How's Alpha life been without your amazing Luna?" I smiled, sitting on the sofa. The pack had been hectic the last time I exited this house and held a pack meeting. Now that Jacob had gone, Grayson's face pulled into a scowl and he leant his head back onto the back of the sofa.

"I wish you were there, it's so draining, though I don't wish to talk about war right now," He mumbled, pulling his hands to his face, sighing, I brought my hand to his cheek and gave him a kiss. Opening his eyes, he looked at me, a smirk landed on his lips. "Don't look at me like that love," He ran his large thumb over my lips. "Not whilst the kid's here," He growled lowly, his eyes turning black, he then looked to the rest of my body.

"Poor Gray, you must be so sexually frustrated," I stuck my bottom lip out. He chuckled. God how I love that chuckle. I followed a running Jacob into the kitchen. He opened the fridge door and pulled out a half-eaten bar of chocolate. "Hey, that's where my Oreo Chocolate bar went!" Grayson acted shocked as he looked at Jacob, his tired expression now replaced with another fake smile, I wanted nothing more than to help him, he can't bare the fact that his people are dying. We both noticed Jacob not so sneakily grab it from the fridge a few hours earlier. His eyes went wide, knowing he's been caught. Slowly, he sank his baby teeth in, looking Gray in the eye, daring him to do something about it, that little cheeky grin he always has on his face appeared.

"I'll fight you for it!" Jacob smiled, showing his chocolate-covered teeth.

"Grayson will be good practice, if you fight him, then you will be a soldier just like your dad in no time!" I smiled but instantly regretted it as I reminded the poor boy of his deceased parents. Whereas I thought he as going to break down and cry, he just smiled, looking proud. "I will be as good as my daddy!" He smiled and looked up to the ceiling, his beautiful, toothy smile reappearing. He looked back at Grayson. "Mine!" He said, holding the chocolate bar away from him.

"Come on, let's take this fight outside," Grayson smirked, picking him up within one swift movement and taking him outside, Jacob's giggles slowly leaving the house.

I watched in the window as two of my favourite people rolled on the grass, 'fighting' outside.

The war was the last thing on my mind