24 Silent Tears

We continued to walk down a muddy trail. I could barely see Grayson in the distance, his long strides taking him further away from my short, stumbling ones. I grasped my shoulder, that the vampire dislocated in pain. The elves magic had worn off, pain pricked all over my body.

Grayson had stopped walking, his hands shoved into his pockets as he waited for me. Smiling, I intentionally walked slower, whimpering in pain as I limped over to him.

He growled as he looked at me, his eyes glaring at me. Quickly taking long strides towards me, he looked down at me. "You're being slow on purpose."

"You can feel my pain through the bond." I snarled up at him, squeezing my shoulder. "My legs are burning! I have cuts all ov-" Rolling his eyes, he put a hand under my knees and on my back, then he picked me up. "AHH Grayson!" I screeched, quickly grabbing onto his neck, I pulled myself into him, pushing my head into his chest. "Put me down!"

"Stop complaining for one minute, witch," He mumbled under his breath. I could hear his heart beating rapidly, his legs quickly walked through the woods. "I'm helping you here," We walked for a minute or two before I felt his thumb slowly caress my thigh. His hands were oddly soft under my thighs and back, holding me softly, trying not to hurt me. He held me close to him.

"Where are we even going?" I asked, looking around, we were in the middle of a forest.

"We are going to our new house."

"I- uh, what?" I asked, pulling myself away from his chest, looking up at him. "Our house?"

"Yes."

"We are not living in the same house."

"We both live in the packhouse now."

"Well- its- well it's not the same! I don't want to live with you alone!" I hit him in the chest, whimpering slightly the pain shot from my arm.

"I am having a meeting with some other pack houses soon. The Alpha and Luna need to have... mated, it appears to other packs that they have a strong union-"

"Wait, mate? As in sex? I'm not having sex with you- your disgusting-" I hit him in the chest, not minding the pain striking up my arm.

Quickly, he grabbed my arm. "You will dislocate it again," He looked at me in concern, his voice softening, though his soft expression left as soon as it came," and I will not mate with a witch," He looked down at me, snarling. "If we live in the same house. Sleep in the same bed, it will appear to others that we have mates, appearing that my pack is strong."

"I don't care how strong your pack appears!" I spoke, my body was burning, all of the extra movement caused my pain from my cuts to flare up.

"I hope you didn't pull at your stitches when you hit me," He mumbled, his hands softly caressed my back, his thumb running over a large, deep cut in a once dislocated shoulder, it had needed stitches. "It seems to be okay," He mumbled.

He carried me for a few more minutes in silence, before he finally stopped. Looking up, my breath was taken away. A grey house was before us. "This is the house?" I asked.

"Yes. It has no furniture. Only a bedroom and a meeting room have been furnished."

"Great," I mumbled as he set me down, we wandered into the house. "Does Emerald and Franky know I've moved?"

"Yes," Grayson grumbled, walking inside I followed him.

I walked on the mahogany floors, looking up at the tall ceilings, the pure white walls, the grand archways. My eyes widened. I'm going to live here? "Our rooms up the stairs, 3rd door on the left."